Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Where Things Fall Short: Eight Shortcomings Of Mesa 8.0

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rohcQaH View Post
    Man, you were really hard pressed to find 8 points to complain about, weren't you? Might as well add "doesn't make me a sandwich" while you're at it.
    Heck yea, I'll add a #9: Doesn't make me a sandwich..

    It's the right of any user to ask for anything they want.. Whether they get it is a different story..

    When developers make software catered around things the developers want, rather than what the users want, you have a platform that will have only developers as users.
    Last edited by Sidicas; 01-11-2012 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    I'd rather see the open-source AMD devs working on things like HDMI audio and gallium3d vdpau support (or a native xvba state tracker for use with xbmc). Marek will keep plugging away at the opengl stuff.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Toronto-ish
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanL View Post
    I'd rather see the open-source AMD devs working on things like HDMI audio and gallium3d vdpau support (or a native xvba state tracker for use with xbmc). Marek will keep plugging away at the opengl stuff.
    HDMI audio is implemented (Alex finished a first pass last year), we're just having a heck of a time figuring out if we can release it.

    Right now the priorities are SI support, OpenCL and figuring out if we can release some kind of UVD support.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leif81 View Post
    Fedora 16 has a libtxc_dxtn package available in the official repos. Not sure if it's a matter of just installing it and things magically work though...

    Edit: yup!! Just installing it (no reboot or anything) fixed WorldWind which used to fail drawing the textures on the globe due to a S3TC error!
    Really? Are you sure it isn't from RPM Fusion or something similar?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post

    Right now the priorities are SI support, OpenCL and figuring out if we can release some kind of UVD support.
    Is the SI you're using refer to Scalable Interface / Crossfire? Or something else?

    I'd definitely put OpenCL before Crossfire.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whizse View Post
    Really? Are you sure it isn't from RPM Fusion or something similar?
    Sorry you're right, I forgot I had enabled "rpmfusion-free".

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leif81 View Post
    Sorry you're right, I forgot I had enabled "rpmfusion-free".
    The reason I have a yumfusion alias to "yum --enablerepo=rpmfusion[...]"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidicas View Post
    Is the SI you're using refer to Scalable Interface / Crossfire? Or something else?
    Southern Islands, I think.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    HDMI audio is implemented (Alex finished a first pass last year), we're just having a heck of a time figuring out if we can release it.

    Right now the priorities are SI support, OpenCL and figuring out if we can release some kind of UVD support.
    Wasn't HDMI audio reverse engineered and accepted into the kernel already?

    I wish better power management was somewhere in that list, but I suppose it's not much more important than those items either.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Southern Islands, I think.
    aka the r900g driver, or whatever they call it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •