Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liam View Post
    Anyone compared this to darktable yet?
    Exactly. This software should not be compared to GIMP in the headline, but to apps like Darktable (RAW processing and management). And it's not like this area is under represented on Linux... Looks like a tough sell for Corel, which in turn will probably say: "See, nobody buys software for Linux".

If it were Corel Draw instead then it would be news, and I'd consider investing in it. Even better would be Corel Painter, but even here there's an excellent alternative in MyPaint. Point being: Too little too late.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I take it you're not using a flash then...
      Well, 500 allows "series" even with built-in Flash, although due to recharge needed, time between the actual shots is uplifted to approx 1 second.
      External flash gets that limitation removed. But its still easier, since there is no shuttling due to trigger push.

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
        If it were Corel Draw instead then it would be news, and I'd consider investing in it. Even better would be Corel Painter, but even here there's an excellent alternative in MyPaint. Point being: Too little too late.
        Talking about Corel Draw ... I have one guy who *needs* CD X10 in order to operate his plotter, everything legal with dongles etc. But once he tried to open Inkscape-produced SVG in Corel Draw, it failed completely.
        So he went like, free hence crappy etc. How was he suprised to find out firefox 9 opens that SVG from Inkscape just fine.
        Talk about quality with Corel...

Actually, Corel Linux was, or more exactly, could have been my first Linux.. Even have original discs somewhere.. Didn?t install it though, for the reason it was unnecessary. It didn?t have the charm which Ubuntu later happend to have. Just white cd with pile of blue boxes and penuin playing.. message to buyers being :"Prepare to play around with crap whole day" probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          on "wikipedia" linux do have 3,5% market share (2% andorid 1,5% linux) and a grow rate of 40% per 6 month.
          I personally give damn crap about linux usage static.

If I go shopping, I ask for linux support directly, and if its unsupported they can kiss my money goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post

Actually, Corel Linux was, or more exactly, could have been my first Linux..
            lol... Yeaaaaaa.. My first Linux install was Caldera eDesktop 2.4..... and we all know how that turned out... SCO pretty much flushed themselves down the toilet..lol

When I first installed Caldera eDesktop back in 1999 or so, it used to keep popping up everytime I logged in, wanting me to pay $15 or so for some Caldera proprietary sound drivers for a cheap Opti sound card that I had at the time.. It pretty much held my sound for random as it would play the startup jingle and then it would shut the sound off.. Of course, I had the free (as in cost) edition of Caldera linux so that might have been part of the reason as I guess they were trying to make a business model out of selling proprietary drivers for linux.

It's really amazing that today I use Linux so much, considering my first experiences were so horribly horrible. My second time with Linux was a complete nightmare as well, running Debian stable was nice, but having to use non-free wireless firmware caused the kernel to panic nearly every hour on the hour if I forgot to turn the wireless off when it wasn't in use.. That was about 10 years ago... Still running Debian today.. Different laptop though. No more kernel panics, thank the devs.
            Last edited by Sidicas; 11 January 2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
              lol... Yeaaaaaa.. My first Linux install was Caldera eDesktop 2.4..... and we all know how that turned out... SCO pretty much flushed themselves down the toilet..lol
              Ha! Well, I couldn?t read past /etc/fstab in O?reily book. I always felt asleep. Says much about quality of books around that time; btw should remember to recycle it already.
              I was impressed with Solaris workstations running KDE2 (like I?m impressed with current DEs under linux). After that thing, you just couldn?t touch any windows machine, gave just *eeek* feeling. Maybe except for time wasting, ie gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                sure i do the same. but he claim 1,5% for linux but andorid is also a linux.

and 2%+1,5% =3,5% --

we are more than he claimed!
                Q,.. betwen you & me.. Linux has rate of 100%. ; )

Comment

I don't get it ... why would anyone pay $99 for this.

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: Corel Releases Professional Linux Photo Software

If the GIMP isn't cutting it for your photo needs or running Adobe Photoshop Lightroom within Wine isn't working out, Corel has released professional-grade photo software for Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA0MTE
                  Neither GIMP nor running Adobe Photoshop Lightroom within Wine is the competition on Linux for this product.

Here is the actual competition for Professional Linux Photo Software:

Note that the features of digikam include "complete RAW workflow, flexible photo management, advanced, non-destructive editing". After all with digikam over 1200 digital camera devices supported, support for RAW pictures, support of more 300 proprietary RAW camera file formats, digiKam core, image editor and image filters support 16 bits color depth pictures (RAW, TIFF, PNG, JPEG2000). Image Editor has a full Color Management support using ICC color profiles ".

Rather than GIMP, this is the REAL competition on Linux for Professional Photo Software. Why would anyone spend $99 on a dubious proprietary product from Corel?

Comment

it does look like Bibble Pro

Comment

Qt

And this was possible thanks to Qt UI i one of the most difficult part of cross-platform application

Comment

Working...
                      X