Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tizen Puts Out Some Code, SDK Preview

Phoronix: Tizen Puts Out Some Code, SDK Preview

The Tizen Linux project, which is backed by Intel, Samsung, and others, have released some initial code and other information in time for CES 2012...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You could have included a link to the screenshots posted on the mailing list of Tizen running on an unknown Samsung i9500.

Comment

Achtung!
      All start betting when the next switch happens!

My bet is summer 2012.

Comment

Omg they are actually using Enlightenment as the default tool kit. Maybe this wont blow so much after all.

Comment

Originally posted by lgstoian View Post
          Omg they are actually using Enlightenment as the default tool kit. Maybe this wont blow so much after all.
          I'll be curious to see how it ends up. I've used EFL on a prototype phone before. It was pretty cool, but I have no idea how it will look in a finished product.

Comment

Java as prerequisite ?

Why the hell they are requiering Java for installing their SDK ?

Comment

I don't have anything against enlightement, but why drop Qt when it's finally starting to become mainstream and widespread? It's just insane. It's very well-developed and well-designed.

Comment

Working...
              X