Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge Linux Support Clarification

Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge Linux Support Clarification

Following the Will Intel's Ivy Bridge Be Trouble-Free On Linux? article, I received some additional information from Intel concerning the Linux support for their next-generation Ivy Bridge processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for the update here! Hope you get some good answers about Medfield!

Comment

maybe Mooley Eden should have used linux to play a game on ivb instead of playing a video with vlc at ces

UPDATE: We have been in contact with Intel regarding this story and have published an updated article regarding the ‘Fake Demo’ as they invited us to play the demo ourselves earlier today. Intel’s Mooley Eden was the key speaker at today’s Intel CES 2012 press conference. During the press conference, Intel focused squarely on their […]

or is just the new way of steering a video (game) *g*

Intel Ivy Bridge graphics are still so broken that company executives have to lie about it to the assembled press.

Comment

I so ROFLd when I read the news on heise.de. I mean, not having a product ready for a good demo on an exhibition is one thing, but trying to cheat people with a video that is playing while pretending to drive a racing car in game... wow. That's even better than nvidia's fake bricks of Fermi cards.
        The AMD fanboy in me was very happy.
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
        X