View Poll Results: Will The Unreal Tournament 3 Linux Client Be Out This Year?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 15.58%
  • No

47 61.04%
  • Unsure

18 23.38%
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetargos View Post
    Really makes you wonder if Windows is so good a games platform, why not host the servers also on Windows? I'm sure management at Redmond would be more than pleased to have their systems used to host the servers of the "Games for Windows" initiative (yeah, I'm a bit bitter today)
    It's less stable, it costs more per server, and it's something that can't be automated as readily. Client-side, Windows is "okay" for games, it's, as Linux users all know, not anywhere near as good for headless stuff as Linux is.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
    It's less stable, it costs more per server, and it's something that can't be automated as readily. Client-side, Windows is "okay" for games, it's, as Linux users all know, not anywhere near as good for headless stuff as Linux is.
    I know, just had to point out the obvious.

Not buying UT3 until the Linux client is released. Almost half of the year past already.

If there was more linux users, like in the hundreds of thousands, voicing their protest, in an organized way, they might listen. As of now, they just dont care.

Look at the bright side, the price will keep dropping. UT3 is at $30 US now.

Let's wait then until the price goes below 10$, usually bargain bin price.

Quote Originally Posted by xav1r View Post
    If there was more linux users, like in the hundreds of thousands, voicing their protest, in an organized way, they might listen. As of now, they just dont care.
    Well, I think we do have enough people to get their attention, its just things aren't quite organized enough, people aren't stepping up, I guess some people think that things just take care of themselves when this is not always the case. But I will say that nagging them is not the solution.

The best way to bring it about is to do it in a way where we aren't annoying them yet are bringing a strong point across. Something the community and the people would recognize. But all of this takes organization and alot of care.

selfquote from 12-05-2007
    it will probably be delayed till june.
    and i was thinking i was pessimistic.
    well, still a couple of weeks left ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Malikith View Post
    Well, I think we do have enough people to get their attention, its just things aren't quite organized enough, people aren't stepping up, I guess some people think that things just take care of themselves when this is not always the case. But I will say that nagging them is not the solution.

The best way to bring it about is to do it in a way where we aren't annoying them yet are bringing a strong point across. Something the community and the people would recognize. But all of this takes organization and alot of care.

Well I wrote to about 20 mainstream news tech sites about the situation, the total number of sites willing to do a story on it was 0. You even take a look at the diggs on the subject and interest was low. It's at the point now where you wonder if Epic would even bother spending the capitol to work around legal issues. The story couldn't even get a 1000 diggs, so you have to look at it from Epics point of view and look at the return on investment. Right now it just doesn't make financial sense.

Well, at least I can thank Epic for not having to upgrade my 7900 GTX to be able to play UT3 in WUXGA.