Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will UT3 For Linux Be Released This Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #212:
    The game may be perfectly fine, however, when someone has played it for half a year pretty intense, they are probably not so interrested anymore.. that would mean i could mostly only play against complete strangers, and while sure, thats fine too, it does pull away alot of the value..

They have totally failed, the least they could have done was just to tell what the fuck was going on, or atleast saying: "we still plan on releasing it", or "fuck you! hahaha! you thought we actually would release it!! ololoololol!"

#218:
    yeah well, i personally dont think they will ever release it for linux, ofcourse i cant know, it just seems unlikely now.
    What strikes me as most weird is how mark rein has turned himself into someone people cant trust at all, with no information, no nothing, he has greatly destroyed his reputation completely, and left everyone with nothing but annoyance at him. He has greatly messed up this one.. it would have been a whole lot better to just not have announced any plans for linux at all.. Imagine those that purchased it for windows in the hopes of playing it on Linux. I almost did, and i can tell one thing, i would have gone completely up in arms of them, if i had indeed purchased it, i would have made it my mission to hurt them financially. I cant help but think someone must be in this position..

#220:
    perhaps we were surprised because mark rein didnt strike us as a liar before? because he actually did deliver 2k3 and 2k4? I really wanted to play this game, but im not about to trash my computer to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
      #220:
      perhaps we were surprised because mark rein didnt strike us as a liar before? because he actually did deliver 2k3 and 2k4? I really wanted to play this game, but im not about to trash my computer to do so.
      I'm certainly not advocating that you trash your computer to play a game...However, if you really wanted to play that game you would be playing it. I don't believe your desire to play UT3 outweighs your desire to run your OS of choice. Which is exactly what I was pointing out. I'm in the same boat.

As far as Mark Rein goes, he's as human as the rest of us. Past performance isn't always going to indicate what you get in the future. At any rate, stack this up to the bigger picture, where Linux and company has been consistently getting shafted when it comes to gaming and you'll understand why the poll in this thread is pessimistic(despite being taken last year and this year)....and you'll also understand why I don't think you should be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
        Maybe someone ought to post a thread on Epic's forums asking Mark Rein what's up with the Linux port.

It will come if it is destined to. That's what I think. Just move on and if it comes, it'll be a pleasant surprise.
        All attempts to find out what's happening with the linux client there are immediately deleted by the mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          All attempts to find out what's happening with the linux client there are immediately deleted by the mods.
          Then we probably have our answer- and they're not going to like the end results of giving it to us that way. There's a price for that.

Comment

Now that's low. Heck, even Microsoft will think twice before doing it.

- Gilboa
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

• Originally posted by gilboa View Post
              Now that's low. Heck, even Microsoft will think twice before doing it.

- Gilboa

Started brain storming last night came up with a new conspiracy theory.

Well we all know that Bungie is no longer part of MS, however MS does indeed still own the Halo franchise. What if MS is talking to Epic about acquiring them? If MS acquired the Unreal Engine they would have a dominating engine that a large segment of the gaming developers that use as their engine of choice. With EA gobbing up developers, it would make only sense that MS would counter with such a deal. Gaming engines and technologies are the next big thing that large corporations interested buying out. For example, Intel acquired the Project Offset engine (possibly the most advanced engine around) and Havoc, Nvidia now has Physix, EA is in close partnership with Transgaming (I smell buyout there). If MS were to buyout Epic, they have a excellent engine to use on the XboX 360 and PC's and can collect revenue from the licensing no matter what platform the game is on.

DISCLAIMER: This is pure speculation. If The Inquirer reads these forums I have no doubt that this will appear as one of their "Has on good authority....." stories. :P
              Last edited by deanjo; 15 April 2008, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Really... Thats a real kick in the teeth for all of us. All I got to say is, what the hell happened Epic?

Comment

If MS were to buyout Epic, they have a excellent engine to use on the XboX 360 and PC's and can collect revenue from the licensing no matter what platform the game is on.
                  Heh... The only thing I've to offer in response is that if that IS what happened, then MS is in a bit of trouble. That's most likely a breach of anti-trust and it's going to cost them reputation down the line ("This bunch doesn't keep their damn word...")

I would hope that Gates and Co. were a tad bit smarter than this one.
                  Last edited by Svartalf; 15 April 2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malikith View Post
                    Really... Thats a real kick in the teeth for all of us. All I got to say is, what the hell happened Epic?
                    That's something we'd all like to know. With them deleting ANY posts inquiring about the Linux status with NO reasoning given, it's getting suspicious.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: This is pure speculation. If The Inquirer reads these forums I have no doubt that this will appear as one of their "Has on good authority....." stories. :P
                      LOL the problem with that is that lots of times I think the INQ carries a Pro MS bias. I think your theory is probable though.
                      Last edited by moonlitfire; 15 April 2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X