No announcement yet.

7.12 - speculation time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats actually pretty true. life is pretty vanilla without a card whose drivers give you mem leaks and watermarks. what is life without having to wander about phoradeonix every hour or two to see if there is anything interesting in the git repository. so if you have got a dearth of problems in your life, go get a job, i.e., go buy some hardware with flaky driver support .

Comment

While this may be off topic, I've read enough of the word Phoradeonix from other people, this site covers alot more than just ATI cards, I mean look in the news section, I don't see only AMD/ATI stuff. I think its time to stop calling it that.

And I still stick to my prediction of December 20th as the 7.12 release date. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by hdas View Post
        thats actually pretty true. life is pretty vanilla without a card whose drivers give you mem leaks and watermarks. what is life without having to wander about phoradeonix every hour or two to see if there is anything interesting in the git repository. so if you have got a dearth of problems in your life, go get a job, i.e., go buy some hardware with flaky driver support .
        /me rolls his eyes...

And I thought the GTFO was sophomoric...sigh...

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
          While this may be off topic, I've read enough of the word Phoradeonix from other people, this site covers alot more than just ATI cards, I mean look in the news section, I don't see only AMD/ATI stuff. I think its time to stop calling it that.
          I think that pet name stems from Michael being a little easier on AMD than he probably ought to be for whatever reasons he has. However, it's as or more childish than what has passed before in the fanboy-like crap that's been getting posted on the thread, so I am going to have to second the thought here.

Comment

ya, that happens after you sign nda's .

nope, i wasn't sarcastic, just a little philosophical thought. in fact ever since i have learnt to recompile kernel, i have tried out every kernel from the rc's, to see if it resolves whatever remaining issues i had with my hardware. but i guess i finally stopped at 2.6.22 where almost everything works and most wrinkles were ironed out. when 2.6.23 came out, i didn't even bother about it. anyway, shall try out 2.6.24 when its out. (and that wont be out this xmas .)

yes, i do agree that phoronix does a lot lot more other than just rxxx . and many thanks for quite a many insightful benchmarks.

ps : this is a light thread i believe, not a formal tech support forum thread. i don't mind if someone says gtfo. and i guess people shouldn't mind any cheap fun going out here. just a free-for-all thread .

Comment

Getting back on topic...

The origin/7.12 branch was created today.

Information accessible through phorogit: - Hardy Heron support, no more module-assistant but DKMS support for this and future releases.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

hmm, thats a confident michael pumped up about 7.12 and raring to go .

Comment

I've read enough of the word Phoradeonix from other people
                  What is up with this Phoradeonix calling?
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

well, somebody [i can't recall right now] said that phoronix is too favorable for ati. maybe that's why. there is also a user called "moronix". probably a similar personal issue :]

frankly, i tend to agree with them. revievs don't look realistic, as they don't really speak a bad word about ati's doings, even though everybody knows that things are not stellar.

the reviews are too diplomatic, and they tend to be very similar to each other (which starts to look very weird after a while), as if they were generated from a ready template, by an automated system.

maybe that's just my wild imagination, but they really do look repetitive and if you compare a few of them, you can see a lot of similarities [kind of a pattern].

my 0.02$ of honesty.

Comment

So my hopes for Amd 7.12 Catalyst driver

-More performance(can never get enough=)
                      -Radeon 3850/70 support
                      -Crossfire X
                      -More stability
                      -Amdccle with overclocking options
                      -xvmc support and better video support
                      -better support for agp cards
                      -and fix of memleak for those that have that problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X