Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Sorry, had to do this
    I bought an ATi based notebook 2 months ago because of all this enthusiasm about new ati-drivers, opensource etc...

Seems to be the stupidest thing I have ever made...

regards Dennis

Comment

• She's out! http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=11590
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by notz View Post
        https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...712_linux.html

it's a shame for ati, the known issues list get's longer and longer and longer .... and nothing new.
        At least there is FireGL support again.

Comment

• No more memory leak...that's good enough for me (even if it shouldn't have been there from the start =)). I skipped last month's driver because I couldn't really see any benefit in it for my situation...at least there's something I like in this. The Rialto fix is also very welcome, since someone else's PC in the house (even if it runs Windows now..who knows about the future) will most likely be getting one from that family off Ebay soon.

I shall post my findings when I can test it later today (Friday morning here).

Comment

• Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
            And at least there now acknowledging our complaints even if it does seem like the list of known issues is growing. It's not growing, they're just finally accepting the fact that these reports are in fact bugs. Better late then never.

Comment

• Originally posted by lachild View Post
              And at least there now acknowledging our complaints even if it does seem like the list of known issues is growing. It's not growing, they're just finally accepting the fact that these reports are in fact bugs. Better late then never.
              Indeed, there are no "new" problems.

And, it has to be said, that they don't list every problem, that is resolved. For example the SONAME issue should be gone.

Does anyone have a download link?
              I can't find that driver (did try just about every name for that package ).

Comment

• Oh man, I love it, didn't I call that it would be released today? I think I'm the only one that got the release date for 7.12 right, woohoo hehe. Kidding aside, I look forward to installing this tonight, at least they got arid of the damned memory leak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
                  Whatever problems they left in this release, the mem leak is out AND the firegl are in.
                  They surely had big pain to enable firegl this time so I expect more bug fixes for the next release.

Comment

• Nevermind, got it:

Comment

• As it is my first install of a non packaged driver, I am looking for good links that shows the whole procedure to test it...
                      I've seen phorogit, but the "How to use phorogit" link doesn't return anything relevant. (read the current viewed page)

Comment

Working...
                      X