Softpipe Gets Close On GL3, Mesa 8.0 For Early February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsedej View Post
    Does this mean it's possible to (properly) run Unigine Tropics and Heaven benchmarks? Are there going to be benchmarks with OSS drivers on Phoronix?
    This has already been possible for a while (though I think it's broken with current master?).

Comment

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
      Could anyone confirm this? Would be interesting to know.
      However, I don't think it is true, because gl3.txt is regulary updated but it still has a few missing options.
      docs/GL3.txt haven't been updated for a while. I'm not really sure what the status is exactly but the Intel devs have mentioned that GLSL 1.30 will only be available on SB (and up I guess?) initially.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        docs/GL3.txt haven't been updated for a while. I'm not really sure what the status is exactly but the Intel devs have mentioned that GLSL 1.30 will only be available on SB (and up I guess?) initially.
        Yes, I know that glsl 1.30 is already working -- should be updated. *hint!*
        I was concerned about the other missing bits.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          This has already been possible for a while (though I think it's broken with current master?).
          They ran the last time I tried them on HD4550. No anti-aliasing (and obviously no tesselation), but the rest seemed to work fine.

Unigine benchmarks do not need every single last piece of OpenGL3, and most of GL3 functionality has been in Mesa for a long time. They're just racing to finish up every last bit of it so they can advertise GL3 support.

Comment

Working...
          X