Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfce 4.4.2 Released, Fixes Bugs

Phoronix: Xfce 4.4.2 Released, Fixes Bugs

It's a bit late seeing as Xfce 4.4.1 was released back in April, but Xfce 4.4.2 is now available for download. Xfce 4.4.2 addresses bugs present in the Xfce 4.4 series along with updated translations.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"This light-weight desktop environment has new translation support for Terje Uriansrud, Nuno Miguel, Manatsawin, Tegegne Tefera, and RPrieditis."

Please are you kidding. The locales are
    nb_NO (this should be no_NO, never heard of nb_NO) Norwegian
    pt_PT Portugal
    am .. dont know
    th Thai
    lv Latvian

What you listed are the names of the translators.

Comment

Originally posted by Morlyn View Post
      "This light-weight desktop environment has new translation support for Terje Uriansrud, Nuno Miguel, Manatsawin, Tegegne Tefera, and RPrieditis."

Please are you kidding. The locales are
      nb_NO (this should be no_NO, never heard of nb_NO) Norwegian
      pt_PT Portugal
      am .. dont know
      th Thai
      lv Latvian

What you listed are the names of the translators.

Made my day.

Comment

Haha, oops... Gotta remember not to post news when it's late at night after too many drinks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Haha, oops... Gotta remember not to post news when it's late at night after too many drinks.
          Oh I get it.. Partying with the ATI driver devs last night? Well, next time you see them, tell them to get cracking on that 7.12 driver so we can have some nice bug fixes this month. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
            Oh I get it.. Partying with the ATI driver devs last night? Well, next time you see them, tell them to get cracking on that 7.12 driver so we can have some nice bug fixes this month. Hahaha.
            coding under the influence!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morlyn View Post
              coding under the influence!!!
              I've heard they use psychedelic drugs to get us the best drivers possible. With "they" I mean the bug hunters over at AMD.

Ontopic:

XFCE... nice, but the development is too slow. Great KDE4 and that bad Gnome do not need much more RAM etc. and offer many more features while having a faster development process.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                I've heard they use psychedelic drugs to get us the best drivers possible. With "they" I mean the bug hunters over at AMD.

Ontopic:

XFCE... nice, but the development is too slow. Great KDE4 and that bad Gnome do not need much more RAM etc. and offer many more features while having a faster development process.
                The features are quite different. I haven't counted them so I don't know who is ahead. But I do love the ability to minimize apps on your desktop background. Just get a ton of RAM and always have your files and stuff open...

Comment

Working...
                X