Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.8 Release Candidate 2 Is Here

Phoronix: KDE 4.8 Release Candidate 2 Is Here

The second and final release candidate for the forthcoming KDE 4.8 release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

though it doesn't seem to be serving at the moment
    There is just three "n" in announcements word in link.

Comment

I wish there was Akonadi & Co finally working correctly. Especially when switched off. All that semantic-desktop stuff really annoys me. Otherwise KDE is a fine working DE for most parts. And the effects feel sometimes a bit slow (fglrx as well as xf86-video-ati) and sometimes the screen messes up (darkening/fading at log out/shutdown options).
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        I wish there was Akonadi & Co finally working correctly.
        Working just fine here, using 4.8 RC2.

Comment

Simple

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          I wish there was Akonadi & Co finally working correctly. Especially when switched off. All that semantic-desktop stuff really annoys me. Otherwise KDE is a fine working DE for most parts. And the effects feel sometimes a bit slow (fglrx as well as xf86-video-ati) and sometimes the screen messes up (darkening/fading at log out/shutdown options).
          Disable Desktop Effects, they're pointless.

Try out WindowMaker. It's years ahead of the competition.

Fluxbox is even light-years ahead of KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
            Fluxbox is even light-years ahead of KDE.
            Fluxbox is window manager. KDE is window manager independent desktop environment. You can use Fluxbox instead of KWin in KDE if you so desire.

Comment

Working...
            X