Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.3.3 Of GNOME Shell, Mutter Try To Fix Things Up

Phoronix: 3.3.3 Of GNOME Shell, Mutter Try To Fix Things Up

Version 3.3.3 packages of GNOME Shell and Mutter were independently released today. These latest development snapshots in the road to GNOME 3.4 mainly try to address outstanding issues...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It'd be nice if they can get Gnome Shell to work on ATI gfx cards... (with FGLRX)

Comment

"Kill Gnome 3 with fire" (c) 2011 Moronix

Comment

nice to see progress. sounds like some of the dualscreen workspaces issues are fixed. hope one day it works well for me. until then i'll stick with gnome2/mate

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
          Moronix
          I like that word

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
            It'd be nice if they can get Gnome Shell to work on ATI gfx cards... (with FGLRX)
            Agreed. My workstation at the office has a radeon 5400-series with dual-monitors. FGLRX didn't handle my second monitor correctly, but even if it had, I'd have had to switch to OSS radeon to get gnome shell to work.

Now I've got dual monitors with GS on my workstation, and it's working quite well for me (Java/JSP + Oracle dev work). I have customized it with a few extensions from the gnome extension site, but it's been both useful and stable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
              "Kill Gnome 3 with fire" (c) 2011 Moronix
              regardless of what will happen i honestly believe that one or some of the DEs must die. And Gnome, after being dropped in a way from ubuntu, isn't in a good position.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                regardless of what will happen i honestly believe that one or some of the DEs must die. And Gnome, after being dropped in a way from ubuntu, isn't in a good position.
                Since when does the world revolve around ubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
                  Does anybody *actually use* fglrx?????
                  Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    Since when does the world revolve around ubuntu?
                    Well, the world of the people that Distrowatch actually provides accurate usage statistics, does.
                    Businesses with their large-scale deployments (and the support contracts to fund FOSS development) actually use Red Hat, SUSE, and Debian.

Comment

Working...
                    X