Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External HDMI monitor not detected with ATI mobility Radeon on ubuntu 11.10 64 bit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External HDMI monitor not detected with ATI mobility Radeon on ubuntu 11.10 64 bit.

I need some help, please. I use an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 with proprietary drivers v11.8 in Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit and I can't get it to detect an external monitor through HDMI. Not with the Catalyst software nor with the "Displays" utility. I just want to set up a simple and straight forward clone display configuration to see my laptop output on my HD TV monitor. I can do this without any trouble in Windows 7 (same machine, dual boot) so I know there's nothing wrong with my hardware (laptop, cable or TV monitor).

I'm not sure what is going wrong here, but if it has anything to do with this, I can tell you that I have an xorg.conf file generated by

Code:
     sudo aticonfig -f --initial
    and it is exactly the following:

Code:
    Section "ServerLayout"
    	Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"
    	Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
    EndSection

Section "Module"
    EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    	Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
    	Option	    "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
    	Option	    "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
    	Option	    "DPMS" "true"
    EndSection

Section "Device"
    	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    	Driver      "fglrx"
    	BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    	Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
    	Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    	Monitor    "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
    	DefaultDepth     24
    	SubSection "Display"
    		Viewport   0 0
    		Depth     24
    	EndSubSection
    EndSection
    So, is there something I should add in there to make Catalyst detect my monitor? Or has it got nothing to do with it?

This is actually driving me insane. I?ve spent a whole day trying to work this around without much success. I did find out, however that if I run
    Code:
    aticonfig --lsa
    I get the following output
    Code:
    * 0. 01:05.0 ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
      1. 02:00.0 AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series
    Apparently there are two adapters detected. The information section in the Catalyst GUI confirms this, however, the display manager only lists the 4200 adapter.
    I thought I could sort this out with a new xorg.conf file generated by aticonfig --initial -f --adapter=all but that only resulted in X server failing to load at startup. I only got it working again by restoring the previous configuration.

All help is appreciated.

Bump, bump

Comment

Working...
    X