Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverStone MS05 eSATA Enclosure

Phoronix: SilverStone MS05 eSATA Enclosure

The last time we had looked at a SilverStone drive enclosure at Phoronix was in early 2006 when reviewing the SilverStone Storage MS02. This 2.5" IDE hard drive enclosure with a USB 2.0 interface met the SilverStone standards we have come to expect both when it comes to the build quality as well as its looks and performance. With the changing times and increased adoption of Serial ATA, SilverStone recently introduced their MS05, which supports 2.5" SATA drives while this aluminum enclosure has both a eSATA and USB 2.0 interface along with having a 3.5" docking station.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if anyone knows the difference between the one reviewed and the MS05 and the MS05S available at Newegg:
    Buy SilverStone MS05S 2.5" Silver SATA USB 2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

$33-26 isn't a bad price.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
      I wonder if anyone knows the difference between the one reviewed and the MS05 and the MS05S available at Newegg:
      Buy SilverStone MS05S 2.5" Silver SATA USB 2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

$33-26 isn't a bad price.
      Their the same I believe, MS05S is just to identify Silver and MS05B is for Black.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
      X