Eschalon: Book I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eschalon: Book I

Hey, am I missing something or has really no one yet mentioned the game Eschalon: Book I here?

I tried the Windows demo recently and must say, I was really impressed by this game. Not only does it look good, its just the way a RPG should be. And I think they did a great job on this beautiful crafted game. It would be a shame to miss this game for anyone who's into RPGs or/and old-school-gaming.

I for sure am looking forward to the Linux version now, which should be out soon.

Well I just read about it, I like this little bit, I should like it once I try it:

A single-player RPG carefully designed to feel like the great old school RPGs of the past such as Ultima?, Might & Magic?, and Wizardry?.
    I'm a big fan of the Ultima games and I've played a couple of the Might and Magic games so I'll check this one out soon.

Comment

Just a short heads up: the Linux demo is now out and ready to try.

Played the game a little longer yesterday and out of the box it ran smooth as glass on Zenwalk 4.8. Besides this, the game simply kicks butt!

Comment

Wow, this demo looks really polished and runs great. I'll be picking it up for sure when the Linux version is complete. There just isn't enough game like this for any platform.

Comment

I'll try it out soonish

Comment

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
            Wow, this demo looks really polished and runs great. I'll be picking it up for sure when the Linux version is complete. There just isn't enough game like this for any platform.
            Yeah I agree, decent/good RPG's don't come everyday for Linux or Windows. This one is pretty fun.

Comment

There was an update for the Linux demo released on their forums. It fixes some problems that I wasn't having, but it also allows you to change between the default sound output and OpenAL (not sure what the default is.. OSS I'm guessing):

EDIT: The forum admin, BasiliskWrangler, has just posted a reply saying the full version of this game will be ready for download this weekend.
              Last edited by joshuapurcell; 19 December 2007, 01:01 PM.

Comment

The full game has been released for Linux! Here is a link to the website for more information:

Comment

Already bought it.

Hey, this is my first GNU/Linux game! And its pretty good!

Comment

I've been playing Wizardy 8 with wine..This looks like a nice old school rpg...Think I'll buy it after work today.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                    Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
                    X