New Kernel Old Radeon 9200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agd5f,

I have another problem. I'm running latest git with the new options you added and it brings up the TV just fine (it still brings up VGA though which is odd).

The problem is when I play a video stream I get blank display. I switched to the latest git because when I was forcing S-Video I got clone output on the TV of what was on the VGA screen, but when I ran video it only showed on the VGA, not on the TV (TV was blank).

I was hoping the git version would give me primary video on the TV but now I get no video at all. Is there a way to specify primary display?

Thanks again for all your help,

Raydude

Update: actually it looks like I'm not running git. I have to figure this out:
    Code:
    (WW) RADEON(0): Option "ForceTVOut" is not used
    (WW) RADEON(0): Option "TVStandard" is not used
    Last edited by raydude; 01 December 2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raydude View Post
      agd5f,

I have another problem. I'm running latest git with the new options you added and it brings up the TV just fine (it still brings up VGA though which is odd).
      Is there something in your config that's forcing it on? I'd probably need to see your xorg config and log. You can force the VGA port off by adding a monitor section to your config and associating it with the VGA port and telling it to turn off the output on startup, or ignore it all together. See this page for more on randr xorg.conf configuration:

The problem is when I play a video stream I get blank display. I switched to the latest git because when I was forcing S-Video I got clone output on the TV of what was on the VGA screen, but when I ran video it only showed on the VGA, not on the TV (TV was blank).

I was hoping the git version would give me primary video on the TV but now I get no video at all. Is there a way to specify primary display?
      The video overlay can only be sourced to one crtc at a time. In dualhead mode the overlay follows the window, in clone mode you have to pick which crtc you want to display on. You can force the overlay onto the crtc of your choice with by toggling the XV_CRTC output attribute using an application like xvattr, e.g.:
      xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1
      set the value to 0 (crtc 0), 1 (crtc 1), or -1 (auto).
      In your case since the VGA port is active the overlay is displaying on the crtc driving that output. So you can either disable the VGA output or use XV_CRTC to toggle the crtc the overlay is sourced to.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        Is there something in your config that's forcing it on?
        If I don't force on the VGA output then the S-Video does not sync. Its as if something is not initialized properly when the only thing connected is S-Video. I get pixels but the frame is torn. Kinda shredded like paper horizontally.

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        xvattr -a XV_CRTC -v 1
        This completely fixed it for me. I don't care if the VGA is on as long as the svideo output is working and with that command it does.

Thank you so much you saved me $50.00

Raydude

Comment

Okay. Last problem. I think.

I'm running mythtv on this box and for some reason when mythfrontend runs it can't allocate any video buffers. However, if I choose setup and proceed through the menus until I get to the screen that allows me to configure the drawing engine (xv-blit, opengl, x11lib, etc) then tell it to save the setting, then exit back to the main menu and click play movie (or dvd or what ever) then it works just fine.

It has this behavior no matter which output, vga or svideo. And I'm pretty sure its not mythtv because another similar system with an NV card works fine.

If I exit mythfrontend, then I have to run setup again to get it to draw.

This is an oddball problem, I must say.

Raydude

Comment

It has this behavior no matter which output, vga or svideo. And I'm pretty sure its not mythtv because another similar system with an NV card works fine.

If I exit mythfrontend, then I have to run setup again to get it to draw.
            It sounds like a myth problem to me. For some reason myth is choosing the wrong Xv port or something? Just a guess. I haven't used myth in years. See if Xv works with another app like tvtime or xine. If it does, I'd say it's a myth issue.

Comment

Looks like myth automatically uses the first xv port with no way to override (other than setup, I guess). Not sure which xv ports the radeon driver exposes, but maybe the first port in the list doesn't work on your system for some reaons.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/piperma...ch/022623.html

Raydude, which option do you pick in setup to make your video work, and what choices are you offered ?
              Last edited by bridgman; 02 December 2007, 05:18 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Looks like myth automatically uses the first xv port with no way to override (other than setup, I guess). Not sure which xv ports the radeon driver exposes, but maybe the first port in the list doesn't work on your system for some reaons.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/piperma...ch/022623.html

Raydude, which option do you pick in setup to make your video work, and what choices are you offered ?
                It just allows me to set the interface: Xv, XvMC, directfb, etc.

The funny thing is: if I choose directfb it works but not the next time I run the frontend.

I have the source, maybe I can hack it...

Thanks for your help.

Raydude

Comment

Working...
                X