Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More GL3 Work Lands In Mesa

Phoronix: More GL3 Work Lands In Mesa

For those not paying attention to the Mesa Git repository, Ian Romanick has landed more OpenGL 3.0 support work into the open-source code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More GL3 Work Lands In Mesa

For those not paying attention to the Mesa Git repository, Ian Romanick has landed more OpenGL 3.0 support work into the open-source code-base...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTAzNjQ
    Sweet. We're getting down there...

According to mesa/docs/GL3.txt, we've still got:
    GLSL 1.30 (GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, etc.) started
    Non-normalized Integer texture/framebuffer formats ~50% done
    sRGB framebuffer format (GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB) core GL done (i965, gallium), GLX todo
    glVertexAttribI commands DONE (but converts int
    values to floats)
    Depth format cube textures not started
    GLX_ARB_create_context (GLX 1.4 is required) not started

I'm pretty sure that this list is out of date, as I thought that GLSL 1.3 was completed, and obviously the GLX_ARB_create_context part has been started (and possibly completed... I haven't tested it myself).

The only thing that concerns me is that I'll have to wait for r600g to catch up to Intel as far as driver-specific support (there's a few parts that have only been implemented for specific chip families according to this document). Even if only Intel is at GL 3.0, that's a huge step forward for Mesa, and should allow the gallium drivers to catch up in a shorter amount of time.

Comment

Yep, GL3.txt is outdated, see: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/016434.html

Comment

Currently Mesa from Git breaks OpenGL support in Wine, none of games work. Oddly enough, native Linux games like Nexuiz or OpenArena have no problems, hence looks like this is a bug in Wine rather than in Mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded211 View Post
          Currently Mesa from Git breaks OpenGL support in Wine, none of games work. Oddly enough, native Linux games like Nexuiz or OpenArena have no problems, hence looks like this is a bug in Wine rather than in Mesa.
          Be sure to file a bug, preferably with a bisect if you know how.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded211 View Post
            Can you please try starting wine with "WINEDEBUG=+all wine some_windows_binary.exe &> debugoutput.txt"? I have the same problem with wine not working with mesa git, but with WINEDEBUG=+all (piped to a file maybe), it works, but very slow of course. But when the output of WINEDEBUG=+all is piped to /dev/null it does not work anymore...?

Comment

Is this just some work on the context creation, or is the implementation done? I will check it out when it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                Be sure to file a bug, preferably with a bisect if you know how.
                Git bisect probably isn't needed because it's not a commit that causes this, Wine's opengl32.dll just isn't compatible with current Mesa git. Anyway, filed a bug report:

They suggest recompiling Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                  Can you please try starting wine with "WINEDEBUG=+all wine some_windows_binary.exe &> debugoutput.txt"?
                  No, this doesn't work for me. If I install an earlier version of Mesa from Archlinux radeon repo, everything works fine.

Comment

Turns out that libxcb 1.8 is needed for Wine to work with Mesa 7.12-devel as of now. After updating it, everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X