Phoronix Behaving Erratically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Behaving Erratically

I've been having problems downloading tests with phoronix recently. Today I did a fresh install of Linux Mint, and put phoronix on it. I installed all dependencies and whatnot, everything was going smooth. I issued the download-test-files command for pts/gaming, and suddenly phoronix went insane. It just dumped out a mess of garbage. Here is a picture.

I honestly have no idea what could be causing this. I reinstalled php-curl and php-cli from scratch. I reinstalled phoronix from scratch. Nothing works.

Originally posted by jleg094 View Post
    I've been having problems downloading tests with phoronix recently. Today I did a fresh install of Linux Mint, and put phoronix on it. I installed all dependencies and whatnot, everything was going smooth. I issued the download-test-files command for pts/gaming, and suddenly phoronix went insane. It just dumped out a mess of garbage. Here is a picture.

I honestly have no idea what could be causing this. I reinstalled php-curl and php-cli from scratch. I reinstalled phoronix from scratch. Nothing works.
    I've never seen this issue at all.... What does the terminal output show immediately before it goes "insane"? The only thing I can think of is that it's something inside CURL/PHP. When it comes to running tests does it work fine?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I simply typed "phoronix-test-suite download-test-files pts/gaming" and as soon as I hit enter it goes nuts. I actually uninstalled php5-curl to see what happened. It still went crazy. I've just come to the conclusion that phoronix will not run well on any debian based OS. I don't know why, but I've tried Ubuntu and Linux Mint and every time I have problems. When I install php5-curl, downloads often hang for an indefinite period of time. When I don't install php5-curl, downloads are very fast but if they are too large it gives a memory exhausted error (and trust me I tried everything I could to get around that). I'm trying openSUSE now, really hope this works...Do I just have bad luck or does anyone else have problems?

Comment

Update

Fresh install of openSUSE, got exactly the same result. When I uninstall php5-curl, it simply fails to download anything. I get errors like "failed to open stream: No such file or directory in pts_network.php:151"

Comment

Sorry for posting so much, but I found out that this ONLY happens when I use the "download-test-files" option. If I use the install option (which will download the files anyway of course) it has no problem. This leads me to believe there is a bug with the "download-test-files" option, at least in the Linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by jleg094 View Post
            Sorry for posting so much, but I found out that this ONLY happens when I use the "download-test-files" option. If I use the install option (which will download the files anyway of course) it has no problem. This leads me to believe there is a bug with the "download-test-files" option, at least in the Linux version.
            Okay so if you use a command line "benchmark" instead it all works fine?
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I haven't tried benchmark but it probably would. I tried "install" and it worked. Weird eh

Comment

Working...
              X