Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Is Still A Ways Off From 10% Goal

Phoronix: GNOME Is Still A Ways Off From 10% Goal

For those that don't remember, the GNOME project had a goal of a 10% global desktop share by 2010, this was their "10x10" goal. Two years later, they're still a long way off...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why you are saying that? I think that their campaign to get 0% user share is very successful.

Comment

Well trolled Michael. Well trolled indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxim Levitsky View Post
        I think that their campaign to get 0% user share is very successful.
        That was funny, but also slightly sad cause there's truth in it.

Anyway, let the flames burn brighter than those from hell!

Comment

I'll never understand why Michael spends so much time telling others how badly they've failed to meet their goals.

Why doesn't he write an article about how OpenBenchmarking.org hasn't met its goals? He thought it'd be huge. Instead, you could ask 49999/50000 people on the planet about it, and they'd say "what's OpenBenchmarking?"

For that matter, they'd say "What's Phoronix?"

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
            I'll never understand why Michael spends so much time telling others how badly they've failed to meet their goals.
            +1000

Every article reads like a jab at somebody, usually unpaid volunteers.

Comment

Michael only really picks on GNOME.

And honestly, who doesn't these days? Their desktop is like a special needs kid, except it actually is their fault that it's so retarded, so you don't have to feel guilty about ridiculing it. I kind of what play dodgeball with it, just for the lulz.

Comment

Feeding from the flames

Phoronix is the most flame fueled linux site on this planet. And we cant have flames without triggering head lines. So please just accept this.

Then lets move on to the subject. GNOME failing its goal. Well since the linux desktop is failing hard it means that every desktop is failing. It is fair to point at GNOME since it is the biggest and best linux desktop. Im looking forward to testing betas for the coming spring distribution releases. IMO GNOME is getting quite good and version 3.4 looks even better.

Those who want the workflow of win95 can go with KDE. The stability is about the same as win95 also.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  +1000

Every article reads like a jab at somebody, usually unpaid volunteers.
                  Not-for-profits/volunteer organisations should be held to the same scrutiny. Well ones that want to be taken seriously...

Though the 10x10 campaign was slightly tongue in cheek I think. The underlying message was to grow the user base which is admirable and good leadership.

Comment

My biggest issue with gnome 3 is the lack of fglrx support. Come on AMD!

Comment

Working...
                    X