Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fglrx + Dual X1950Pro

Hi,

Up to now, I never achieved to get the fglrx driver to work with my two X1950Pro connected, be it with or without the internal Crossfire links installed.

I know Crossfire is still not supported on Linux, but what about only dual X1950Pro adapters in normal mode?

Is there any existing option to pass to the kernel, pci-controller, xorg or anything else to make the system think there is only one graphic adapter in place?

Having to physically remove or replace an adapter between each dual-boot is not really a nice option.

Anyone else got aroud this?

Thank You

I found this kernel option that might help: cio_ignore=(device-id | all)

update: ... unfortunately it's not a valid proc file (looks like it's only valid for s390 systems)
    Last edited by francois; 23 November 2007, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Maybe all that's involved is some Xorg.conf magic? Only guessing here, but you could at least try to Screen0 and Screen1 set to each of the cards, maybe forcing the PCI of each to their primary head.

Comment

AMD Catalyst 8.02 + dual X1950Pro

Hello World!!

I'm reviving this thread with great huge undescriptible excitement to let everybody know that the latest fglrx drivers released on February 13th work and doesn't freeze on startup with dual graphic cards!

I'm currently writing from Ubuntu 7.10, running the latest fglrx with nothing more than the basic config from "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg". I have two Radeon X1950Pro, with the hardware Crossfire connectors on.

Of course, the real Crossfire technology is still NOT supported... but at least the system boot without having to remove the second card!

Great job ATI!
        Last edited by francois; 14 February 2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X