Problems with new ATI driver on Mandriva 2008.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with new ATI driver on Mandriva 2008.0

So new AMD/ATI Catalyst driver have been released, and again I cannot install it properly on 2008.0 It has to be something wrong with Mandriva itself, as on 2007.0/2007.1
    I didn't have such problem. Now I even cannot build packages for my system, because I get this message

Code:
    [root@localhost ATI]# ./ati-driver-installer-7-11-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Mandriva/2008
    Created directory fglrx-install.GN7673
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.433...........................
    ==================================================
     ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    ==================================================
    Generating package: Mandriva/2008
    Package build failed!
    Package build utility output:
    error: file /root/tmp/ati.cQ7758/SOURCES/ati-driver-installer-8.433-x86.x86_64.run missing: No such file or directory
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.GN7673
    I see this every time when trying to build rpms not only using the newest driver package, but also previous too. Other people report to have similar issues.
    When I tried to install it "normally", that is using the script provided with the drivers and not building packages, firstly all seemed to be well. After the installation I ran aticonfig --initial to configure the driver, and then restarted. After reboot my monitor resolution was changed to 1600x1200 (normally I'm working on 1024x768), and the refresh rate was reduced to 60 Hz, which my eyes cannot stand for long (I have a CRT). I was able to change resolution, but not refresh rate, to desired level, but it all lasted till next restart... Of course getting direct rendering on wasn't an option.
    Below I attached my Xorg.0.log and Xorg.9.log for those who are patient enough to see what was in them (now I'm back to previous driver from Mandriva's DVD).
    Please don't write things like "install drivers from repos", because I need the newest version to play ET:QW on a decent settings, and the old version isn't an option for me.

My Xorg logs:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=gvor0woq7hf
Working...
X