Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 7.11 Problems

Hello all, this is my first post here.
    I was wondering if you can help, I am running Ubuntu 7.10. Have just installed the ATI 7.11 Drivers, now whenever i use opengl, or try to display a video i get a black box where it should be.

I get no error messages,when i run fglrxinfo i get

display: :0.0 screen: 0
    OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Radeon X1600 Series
    OpenGL version string: 2.1.7059 Release

glxgears says

22843 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4568.500 FPS
    23482 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4696.240 FPS
    23449 frames in 5.0 seconds = 4689.752 FPS

but everything shows in a black box. I have 1 19" widescreen monitor, ATI X1600Pro Graphics card.

Driver shows 8.43.2
    opengl shows 2.1.7059 release

any ideas?

Originally posted by justin9376 View Post
    whenever i use opengl, or try to display a video i get a black box where it should be.
    Just a hunch: the opengl display may be actually done on the other head of your card ... (I vaguely remember having similar problems a while ago)

Can you connect the other head to a display ?

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by domi View Post
      Just a hunch: the opengl display may be actually done on the other head of your card ... (I vaguely remember having similar problems a while ago)

Can you connect the other head to a display ?

HTH
      If that is the case, the PCIBUS or similar (I don't remember the actual name of the option) under Section "Device" should point to "the right head" to ensure rendering is output to that one (don't trust me too much, I barely remember any options for fglrx in Xorg.conf and much less obscure ones like this)

Comment

ATI Drivers

Thanks for the reply,

I have already tried that, it doesnt make any difference. If i go back to the old drivers, before they changed the format then it works ok, but all video files are minus the red colour. The new drivers are much faster, but not much good when i cant see any opengl or video streams.

Thanks again

Justin

Comment

Working...
        X