"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey,

I was wondering, is there ever going to be support for the Diamond ATI TVWonder 650 USB? It would be great if it worked!

Thanks!

Comment

• I am not aware of any plans to provide Linux support for the TV products.
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
        Since version 9.8, I don't hame much to ask for driver features - WoW has no more graphical corruption ; since 9.12, I have no more problems with X.org initialization (admittedly, switching to a more recent mobo could have helped too); and since 10.1, the control center got quite featureful.
        But could we get less memory corruption? I frequently get kernel dumps, hangs, etc. symptomatic of kernel space memory FUBAR'ing after some gaming. I use X.org 1.6.5, with compositing disabled.

It's getting very annoying. Although the RadeonHD 4850 I got 2 years ago is a definite bargain, its driver state reminds me of the 'golden' (?) Matrox Millenium days... Really great hardware, drivers that sucked so hard for so long that they lost the market to 3dfx.
        sounds like you have a memory/PSU problem - not driver

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
          sounds like you have a memory/PSU problem - not driver
          Since I changed motherboard, RAM and PSU and tested them all (memtest, plugging stuff in it and loading the CPU), I would say... No.

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
            Since I changed motherboard, RAM and PSU and tested them all (memtest, plugging stuff in it and loading the CPU), I would say... No.
            What if it is both and you swapped parts one at the time?

Comment

• Hi there!
              I have this bug report here in the unofficial ATI Bugzilla,
              concerning some incompatibility between an nForce4 chipset, a radeon 5770 and fglrx:

I noticed that the E-Mails sent out by the system go to people that don't even work anymore for AMD/ATI(e.g. Matthew Tippet).
              So the questions is:
              How do I ensure that this bug gets some attention from an AMD representative and whom do I have to put into the CC?
              Thanks!

Comment

• So I'm a Ubuntu Noob.. that said, i have an old acer
                which the D2D recovery can no longer recover the system to factory Settings and OS. My Acer specs are listed below.

Specifications

* ACER Extensa 5420
                * AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-58 (1.9GHz)
                * ATi Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT Video Chipset(256MB Discrete Ram)
                * 2GB DDR2 Ram
                * 250GB (5400rpm) S-ATA HDD (dual drives)
                * 15.4" WXGA CrystalBrite LCD (1280 x 800)
                * DVD-Super Multi Optical Drive
                * Media Card Reader (SD, Memory Stick, Pro, xD)
                * DVI-D output
                * S-Video output
                * D-sub output
                * 4 USB 2.0 ports
                * Firewire
                * Infrared port
                * Analog modem
                * Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

I installed Ubuntu 10.04 lts

video problem, My lcd tv which i have been using as a second monitor and is connected to the VGA out, will no longer function correctly.

followed directions on this page,https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI
                get error at step 11.
                the error reads as follows

execstack: cannot open "debian/fglrx-amdcccle/usr/lib/bin/amdcccle": No such file or directory
                make: *** [binary-install/fglrx-amdcccle] Error 1
                dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
                Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.uHeMrv

not sure on how to fix my little problem and would appreicate any input and advice thank you all.

Comment

• Hi!

Is it possible to configure dual monitor setup on the fly without X restart using fglrx?

regards
                  Me

Comment

• @MOLicious

rm -f /etc/X11/xorg.conf*

then run my script:

it does not matter when fglrx gets updated later - only when you want to use newer kernels as .32.

Comment

• @Kano

Hi! You seem to be the most knowledgeable person to be able to answer this question (of course other people can answer too and sorry if it was already asked/answered earlier):

What are the main obstacles for Catalyst <=9.1 (9.2 and 9.3 have power management broken for ATI X1600 Mobility) to be installed with the newest kernels/Xorg? Is there no way to go around these?

BR,
                      piete

P.S. Could you still convince me to use Kanotix instead of Debian Lenny with my X1600? I like my laptop coon and quiet

Comment

Working...
                      X