Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, wrong thread.

Anyway, two questions for bridgman:

1. Will fglrx RDR use the DRI2 and GEM/TTM infrastructure or will it take nvidia's route and rip everything out?

2. Can we expect OpenCL on Linux?
    Last edited by BlackStar; 30 January 2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Realnic does not like thinking. He does like trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
        Realnic does not like thinking. He does like trolling.
        ow, just deleted my message because I found myself being unconstructive... but since you already replied on my post:

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        After battling with 9.1, I have another question: Why don't you sell ATI to someone who has a clue about writing drivers? No, no, I'm not joking. That would really help.
        They opensourced it... THINK about this... read back your posts... stupid right?
        Last edited by tmpdir; 30 January 2009, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          1. Will fglrx RDR use the DRI2 and GEM/TTM infrastructure or will it take nvidia's route and rip everything out?
          We were planning to use DRI2, but as I understand it current thinking is to bypass it and do our own implementation. We already have a good memory manager and do not plan to replace that with GEM/TTM.

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
          2. Can we expect OpenCL on Linux?
          I don't know for sure but I expect so. Linux is an important part of our Stream solutions and we expect OpenCL to become a core part of Stream.
          Test signature

Comment

• There is no support for a1 surfaces in the open drivers & EXA, and seemingly won't be for months. Does frglx support it?

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              We were planning to use DRI2, but as I understand it current thinking is to bypass it and do our own implementation. We already have a good memory manager and do not plan to replace that with GEM/TTM.
              If we are already at it, are you planning to enable KMS in fglrx in the same way or will that remain an OSS-only feature?

Comment

• Yeah, that makes sense. AFAIK we are currently supporting 8.10 but not the prerelease 9.04 versions yet. For pre-release distros you are probably better off pulling the latest open source drivers.
                Test signature

Comment

• OK, maybe I'm confused. Your post said a Kubuntu 9.04 backport, what am I missing ?
                  Test signature

Comment

• Hybrid Crossfire

Bridgman, which cards specifically support Hybrid Crossfire?

Comment

• Ahh, ok, just the kernel is a backport. Got it.

Next dumb question... isn't Debian 5 Lenny, not Sid these days ? I still find that confusing, some folks talk about Sid as "master", Lenny as "testing" and Edge as "stable" on a permanent basis, but it seems more like releases flow through those branches, ie testing = Lenny today but a year from now testing might be something different. You guys probably understand that way better than I do.

There don't seem to be any inherent incompatibilities between radeon/radeonhd and Sid or Lenny; is there any chance your versions were just too old and the 6.10 patch was simply getting you a sufficiently recent driver to support your card ?

EnderAndrew; AFAIK it's just cards which have a similar 3D core, so with a 780 I think HD2400 definitely, HD34xx almost definitely, anything else probably not. The 43xx and 45xx have roughly twice the shader power of a 24xx/34xx so I don't think they would work well in Crossfire with a 780.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X