Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1109

Thread: "Ask ATI" dev thread

when are we going to see xvba video acceleration on Ati hd 5650 cards?
    i bought this card mostly for video acceleration and some games..

Default Where are users suppose to report fglrx bugs to?

I've searched the amd/ati website for where you can report bugs and have not found where i can report an issue. If your interested its:

sleep 1; xset dpms force off ; sleep 10; xset dpms force on

This should and does work with ati open source driver, but with fglrx it does not completly wake up from sleep. I think this would take one of your engineers like 2 minutes to fix this. In any case i would still like to know where you are suppose to report bugs officially. Its the last part of this that is the concern, when my screen saver goes off on htpc I want it to wake on remote keypress, the remote keypress runs xset dpms force on and should turn back on the screen but it does not, at least with the property driver.

Quote Originally Posted by goauld View Post
    when are we going to see xvba video acceleration on Ati hd 5650 cards?
    i bought this card mostly for video acceleration and some games..
    when it's done

hello I notice that since FGLRX 10.7 powerplay is missing for ati mobility radeon 2600
    is it possible to put again the support of this technology on 10.9 please?
    because when this technology isn't activate, mobility cards whit arn't cooled by fan burn.

Quote Originally Posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    Is the official answer from AMD/ATI, though?

Isn't there any guesstimates?

Is anyone working on it, at least? It works in Windows so...

It would be a major contributing factor for me choosing an ATI card.

Quote Originally Posted by Panix View Post
    Isn't there any guesstimates?
    Altough I'm not an AMD official, I don't think there are any ETAs. The developers are now working on "basic" things like 2D/3D/PowerPlay for R800/R900 (internally).

Quote Originally Posted by MartjeB View Post
    Altough I'm not an AMD official, I don't think there are any ETAs. The developers are now working on "basic" things like 2D/3D/PowerPlay for R800/R900 (internally).
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. It doesn't really matter when they just ignore you anyway.

I guess it is to be expected when they have no resources to work with and there's virtually no investment in drivers on the Linux side.

Why do you feel you are being ignored ? None of the GPU companies announce ETAs for proprietary driver features. We have told you that a number of times - I'm not sure why you keep asking the same questions over and over then expecting us to answer you every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Why do you feel you are being ignored ? None of the GPU companies announce ETAs for proprietary driver features. We have told you that a number of times - I'm not sure why you keep asking the same questions over and over then expecting us to answer you every time.
    Are you serious? Are you not reading the threads in the AMD/ATI Linux section? It's not just 'lack of features' complaints, there's issues like black windows and other complaints. No responses for those from AMD/ATI.

Are those bugs or something else? Because I don't want to be one of those users, I choose to question these issues before I spend the money!

I have gone to the Fedora, Ubuntu and OpenSUSE forums, some of the complaints are the same. It seems the issues still exist. It's sad the resources seem to be so low. A shame good hardware is wasted.

I suppose the aim is for optimal open source drivers as much is allowed via the licensing/copyright? But, that is certainly some time to come as they're also said not to be usable yet. For the R800 cards, think of someone who spent $300+ on an HD 5850 and they have issues in the binary driver and can't use the FOSS driver yet because 3D is not available yet or something to that effect? It's acceptable the FOSS drivers are not ready yet as it takes time but for binary drivers to be shoddy since last Sept. 09, that's incredulous, when Windoze drivers work fine (or at least acceptable) from eons ago!