No announcement yet.

"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about adding powerplay support for mobility chipsets!? I'm using the M76 (Mobility HD2600) and the support for this chipset was already there with the 8.41, but not for the powerplay feature.

Svartalf says you're ignoring us, well maybe ignoring our needs: who buys a laptop needs also power management policies..

everything else from fglrx is nice for me (didn't check if the composite corruption is gone), made exception for powerplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
      what about adding powerplay support for mobility chipsets!? I'm using the M76 (Mobility HD2600) and the support for this chipset was already there with the 8.41, but not for the powerplay feature.

Svartalf says you're ignoring us, well maybe ignoring our needs: who buys a laptop needs also power management policies..

everything else from fglrx is nice for me (didn't check if the composite corruption is gone), made exception for powerplay.
      It works on some notebooks already. Mine for example.
      But there seem to be quite a few chips, that are not yet supported by fglrx' powerplay, that's true.

Comment

Hi Mr. ATI Dev guy,

Thanks for your hard work - I realize you're probably a one-person show over there, and that you have your work cut out for you. Don't give up!

Would you be willing to work with some of us to help diagnose component video out issues on older and recent era cards (R300 and up)?

Comment

What about full Xv complete support (getting rid of strange color and blocky output)... Integrated graphic chips (X200) don't handle well openGL video output, too much tearing...
          Last edited by linzerd; 22 January 2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

I have problem... can't logout/switchuser/power off correctly after update to 8.01. Do i really have to wait another month (at least) before it gets fixed??

Comment

Originally posted by mal13 View Post
              I have problem... can't logout/switchuser/power off correctly after update to 8.01. Do i really have to wait another month (at least) before it gets fixed??
              the same for me... but the obvious answer is "yes" so i think the right place to ask the question is on the "Catalyst 8.01" thread :-)

Comment

Will there be serious 2D XRender accaleration be available in future proprietary driver builds?

XRender is getting used more and more, and intel and nvidia are already working on enhancing their drivers..

lg Clemens

Comment

One thing I wonder :
                  In less than one year (we hope so), there will be big changes in the opengl stack in linux.
                  So from my AMD customer point of view : will fglrx be ready for those changes ?
                  How AMD is anticipating those changes through fglrx and radeonhd ?
                  I am pretty sure that some of these questions will be adressed at FOSDEM, I ask anyway.
                  Last edited by lucky_; 23 January 2008, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Just so we don't miss anything, are you talking about OpenGL 3.0 or more about lower level changes like TTM and maybe modesetting going into the kernel ?
                    Test signature

Comment

• As lead developer for http://ttxinsert.sourceforge.net/ I would love to support the ATI card too. Since ATI open sourced much of its driver model I should browse through the available specs first I guess.

My question would be kind of an sort cut here.

The nVidia driver allows a user to overscan the composite output in such way that it scales the framebuffer beyond one visible line. This is great, but not all what is possible...

For the ATI card:
                      - Is it possible to natively insert data in the VBI region, not using the framebuffer?
                      - If not, is it possible to overscan the *entire* output, visible or invisible?

Would you have any tips for us in getting it to work on ATI hardware, maybe related to timing? (We now use VSYNC in OpenGL)

Comment

Working...
                      X