Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by goauld View Post
      when are we going to see xvba video acceleration on Ati hd 5650 cards?
      i bought this card mostly for video acceleration and some games..
      when it's done

Comment

• hello I notice that since FGLRX 10.7 powerplay is missing for ati mobility radeon 2600
        is it possible to put again the support of this technology on 10.9 please?
        because when this technology isn't activate, mobility cards whit arn't cooled by fan burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
          Is the official answer from AMD/ATI, though?

Isn't there any guesstimates?

Is anyone working on it, at least? It works in Windows so...

It would be a major contributing factor for me choosing an ATI card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panix View Post
            Isn't there any guesstimates?
            Altough I'm not an AMD official, I don't think there are any ETAs. The developers are now working on "basic" things like 2D/3D/PowerPlay for R800/R900 (internally).

Comment

• Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
              Altough I'm not an AMD official, I don't think there are any ETAs. The developers are now working on "basic" things like 2D/3D/PowerPlay for R800/R900 (internally).
              Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. It doesn't really matter when they just ignore you anyway.

I guess it is to be expected when they have no resources to work with and there's virtually no investment in drivers on the Linux side.

Comment

• Why do you feel you are being ignored ? None of the GPU companies announce ETAs for proprietary driver features. We have told you that a number of times - I'm not sure why you keep asking the same questions over and over then expecting us to answer you every time.
                Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                  Why do you feel you are being ignored ? None of the GPU companies announce ETAs for proprietary driver features. We have told you that a number of times - I'm not sure why you keep asking the same questions over and over then expecting us to answer you every time.
                  Are you serious? Are you not reading the threads in the AMD/ATI Linux section? It's not just 'lack of features' complaints, there's issues like black windows and other complaints. No responses for those from AMD/ATI.

Are those bugs or something else? Because I don't want to be one of those users, I choose to question these issues before I spend the money!

I have gone to the Fedora, Ubuntu and OpenSUSE forums, some of the complaints are the same. It seems the issues still exist. It's sad the resources seem to be so low. A shame good hardware is wasted.

I suppose the aim is for optimal open source drivers as much is allowed via the licensing/copyright? But, that is certainly some time to come as they're also said not to be usable yet. For the R800 cards, think of someone who spent $300+ on an HD 5850 and they have issues in the binary driver and can't use the FOSS driver yet because 3D is not available yet or something to that effect? It's acceptable the FOSS drivers are not ready yet as it takes time but for binary drivers to be shoddy since last Sept. 09, that's incredulous, when Windoze drivers work fine (or at least acceptable) from eons ago!

Comment

• You do understand that this is not an official AMD forum and that companies generally don't interact with users on internet fora, right?

The fact that several AMD employees and developers regularly post here and help people with their problems is very unusual and refreshing.

How many Nvidia developers post here? How many Apple developers? Or Microsoft developers?

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      You do understand that this is not an official AMD forum and that companies generally don't interact with users on internet fora, right?

The fact that several AMD employees and developers regularly post here and help people with their problems is very unusual and refreshing.

How many Nvidia developers post here? How many Apple developers? Or Microsoft developers?
                      I understand that. That's very commendable and particularly well appreciated as many posters have pointed out.

I wasn't really talking about direct responses explaining it on the forums. I meant 'responses' as in acknowledgement in driver releases or just statements on AMD/ATI Linux pages, for e.g.. Or are you saying some of these issues are brand new? Surely, you've read posts in which ATI R800 owners say, 'XYZ issue is still there....' I guess I implied I wanted an AMD dev to respond personally to complaints and while that would be great I'm sure, I don't expect that.

I was told Nvidia has Nvnews and it seems some 'Nvidia Corp.' posters are responding directly.

Resources?

This is also the 'ask an AMD dev' section so I'm not even sure why you're objecting to my last post. They can answer or not, right?

I assume if someone answers they'll state they're aware of most issues and working on it or something to that effect. I'm just wondering how that is illustrated if the bugs aren't fixed and there's even regressions in some cases. That's all. I don't mean to be disrespectful but just concerned. I still would like to support in buying a R800 card but I don't want to boot up Windows because of video card issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X