No announcement yet.

"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you set a custom display mode (non-EDID) using Catalyst 8.10 ?

Can the modelines be set in xorg.conf or is there a new method for defining custom modes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Porter View Post
      How do you set a custom display mode (non-EDID) using Catalyst 8.10 ?

Can the modelines be set in xorg.conf or is there a new method for defining custom modes?
      In my installation (Intrepid with 4850 and fglrx), I ran "sudo aticonfig --initial" then simply added the custom modeline under the Monitor section.

Comment

• I think the most important one for the linux users' happiness with ATI is going to be wine capability.

When can we expect glxinfo to report the proper versioning of glx, and thusly correct the problems experienced with wine.

As far as I can tell there's very little else that's wrong anymore. But we need them pbuffers to work in wine!!

Comment

• CrossFireX Fan Control

After installing the 8.10 ATI drivers in Ubuntu 8.10, and enabling CrossfireX, how do you control both fans speeds? Controlling one I can do, but both doesn't work, obviously can't use Linux if my cards are burning hot, need fan control!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBest View Post
            After installing the 8.10 ATI drivers in Ubuntu 8.10, and enabling CrossfireX, how do you control both fans speeds? Controlling one I can do, but both doesn't work, obviously can't use Linux if my cards are burning hot, need fan control!!!!
            You could flash the BIOS of the cards so that you get a better heat/fan speed permanent solution. Needs to be done in windows, and you need to be careful doing it. And it will apparently break the warrenty.

Alternatively wait til 8.11 and see if they have merged more of the Windows code into the Linux driver so you have fan speed control...

Comment

• I flashed my card, like 20mins after getting it.

I used the Asus HD4870 TOP vbios, worked like a charm.
              Need to be in DOS to do it.

Comment

• Where do you get other bioses for ATI cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Odur View Post
                  Where do you get other bioses for ATI cards?
                  Extensive repository of graphics card BIOS image files. Our database covers submissions categorized by GPU vendor, type, and board partner variant.

Comment

• When will YOU fix the flickering, while playing video/flash files and animation ??? So many drivers, so many new versions and the problem still persists... but you carry on reporting "Choppy Video Fixed" in every new version...

HP Laptop NX9420 RH450EA, Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 4 GB DDR2 667 MHz, 17 " 1680x1050 WideScreen.
                    Using AMD.Ati Mobility X1600 DDR3 256 MB, if you care.
                    Last edited by Xtigyro; 09 November 2008, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• I see flickering with compositing and XV. But I do NOT see flickering with flash!
                      Which flash versions are you using?

Comment

Working...
                      X