"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saist View Post
    oh good. I've been poking City of Heroes players to post to the Catalyst Crew Feedback and ati.cchtml.com pages and had a panic attack that I was directing them to the wrong site(s)
    mewit. Outside the edit window: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showp...28&postcount=1 has been updated as well. I think the information there-in is accurate...

Comment

• Note that some of the contacts you recommended in the first link are Linux-specific while others are mostly Windows-focused. The COH thread seemed pretty Windows-y...

It's probably worth mentioning that bugs which happen on supported distros will normally get more attention than bugs which have only been seen on unsupported distros.
      Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        It's probably worth mentioning that bugs which happen on supported distros will normally get more attention than bugs which have only been seen on unsupported distros.
        Does this mean I should test with a supported distro (for example, pop in an ubuntu livecd) and re-report bugs that I have previously filed against unsupported distros? Is it good enough to merely add an update to the bug, assuming it happens on the supported distro?

Comment

• Compiz + Functional AntiAliasing in games, When?

Comment

• Is it true that eyefinity has been disabled from catalyst 10.5?

Comment

• When will they fix Window/Menu corruption...? At least 3 years old problem related to basic functionality and stil no fix for FGLRX. Yet Open Source Drivers fixed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by noobish View Post
                Is it true that eyefinity has been disabled from catalyst 10.5?
                to my knowledge, it's never been working. Dual-Monitor works fine for me with all fglrx versions I tested (9.11 to 10.5), but according to some other threads in here, Triple-Monitor never has.

In any case, please stop believing claims by that certain person. If you compare his post to the actual 10.5 changelog, you'll see why.

Comment

• Here's my question to the ATI dev(s).

Are you aware of the VSync issue that creates tearing when moving windows (with/without Compiz) and when playing video? Is this something well known and will be fixed soon, or is this news to you?

Thank you

Comment

• Let me ask you a question back. If you were in the process of rewriting the 2D acceleration code do you think it would make a lot of sense to invest a lot of work in fine-tuning the code you were in the process of replacing ?
                    Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      Let me ask you a question back. If you were in the process of rewriting the 2D acceleration code do you think it would make a lot of sense to invest a lot of work in fine-tuning the code you were in the process of replacing ?
                      Should we understand your question as the fact that AMD is currently rewriting the 2D acceleration of fglrx? Not that I'm complaining, mind you; but, since there was little mention of it before, a confirmation (even indirect) doesn't hurt.

Will there be a way to switch between old and new code, at least for a few releases? Is the new code making use of dri2, allowing KMS, etc.?

You said you don't discuss future driver plans, but since this is currently being developed...

Comment

Working...
                      X