"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF present is okey.

CF if easy done. dunno bout it, since i dunno damn thing about it.
    CF with quad displays would be crazy cool.
    Howto for HDMI audio.

Well, questions.

When will CF be supported.

When will we be able to overclock in linux, watch temps or anything like it.

Videoplayback issues fixed when ?.

Aiglx improvements.

and will the open source driver be anyhow supported with 3rd party closed source ati developed software ? prioritary. for stuff the open source cannot have due to licence and all that crap ?.

pretty satisfied with hd 3870 under linux
    Last edited by Ole-Martin Broz; 10 January 2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Question:
      Are there plans to introduce user controlled powerplay settings in the linux control center, in a similar way to what exists in windows?

I know one can use aticonfig, but we can not for example prevent the card from going to a lower powerstate when switching to battery mode.

Comment

About testing fglrx

I'd also like to know what programs are used to test fglrx, but more specifically, what open source programs, if any, are used?

BZFlag? RSS-GLX screensavers? XScreenSaver's OpenGL hacks? Mesa's demo programs?

Is fglrx tested with anything like glean http://glean.sourceforge.net or the official SGI OpenGL conformance tests?

Also, since the Windows drivers are supposed to be able to detect GPU lockups and reset the hardware, are there any plans to implement this functionality on Linux? Even if it killed the X server, it would be better than hard locking the entire system.

Comment

Originally posted by kmolazz View Post
          Question:
          Are there plans to introduce user controlled powerplay settings in the linux control center, in a similar way to what exists in windows?

I know one can use aticonfig, but we can not for example prevent the card from going to a lower powerstate when switching to battery mode.
          they did it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
            they did it!
            you mean we can expect it in the upcoming releases?

Comment

Why does my card only work in low power mode?

Comment

you mean we can expect it in the upcoming releases?
                I mean they already did it for the 7.12 release! (Linux Catalyst Control Center 1.7)

Comment

hum... i don't have anything related to powerplay in the amd linux control center. I have a X700M, what card are you using?

Comment

hum... i don't have anything related to powerplay in the amd linux control center. I have a X700M, what card are you using?
                    HD2600 Mobility, it's there even if powerplay is not supported yet (on my card).

it should be there..

Comment

My question:
                      Could there maybe be two branches for the fglrx driver?
                      One driver, where _only_ fixes go in (and it is branched off the other one in bigger intervals), so something like a stable branch.
                      8.40.4 was _a bit_ like that.
                      And one branch where features go in (AIGLX), but which might have more bugs and for which not every release might work for everyone.

Mainly what I'm asking here is:
                      Can we get fixes for already released driver versions?
                      The current policy to not touch drivers, that have been released is really not the best.

So, lets consider, that 8.40.4 maybe was a version, that worked for most people, so there could be a verion 8.40.4-rev1, which brings kernel 2.6.23 (Yes, that is a fix, not a feature!), or if it had this resolution thing (that 7.12 currently has), then there could be a -rev2 for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X