"Ask ATI" dev thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grantek View Post
    Don't you wish you could just plug a laptop into the ECU and see what's going on yourself?
    Ummm. You can. (Or did I miss the joke?)

I've been using this guy's software for years ... http://www.obd-2.com/

Of course, I also have a Ford/Hickok NGS Star Tester as well, for the manufacturer-proprietary commands that the generic OBD-II software doesn't support.

I also have a spare ECU that I've soldered leads into the diag port, so I can pull and push new flash images into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
      I haven't followed ATi's linux drivers for long, what's the problem with requiring OGL 2.0? Does ATi not even support 2.0?
      The open source drivers only go up to ~GL1.3 (actually closer to 1.4 today, I think). Most of the open source drivers are similar. The proprietary drivers support up to 2.1 AFAIK.
      Test signature

Comment

• fglrxinfo
        display: :0.0 screen: 0
        OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
        OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 3870
        OpenGL version string: 2.1.8472 Release

looks like ogl 2.1

Comment

• You will never read OpenGL 3 there, but

glxinfo|grep -o GLX_ARB_create_context|sort -u

Could be used to see if it supports OGL3.

Comment

• Dear ATI developers,

Can we please have an example showing how to enable TV "component-out" mode on the X1250 under linux? Experimentally many of us have found that:

--tvs YUV

is not sufficient.

aticonfig has all sorts of "cv" related commands, none of which are documented well enough to use. Why bother documenting the existence of switches in --help if there is insufficient information present to actually use the switch?

Here are my two CV favorites:

--query-cvdongle

What dongle? I have the component signal wires connected directly to the only 3 active pins on the TV-OUT header on the motherboard. Is an active dongle required to convert the output of those 3 pins to component out? If so, could we maybe please know what it is supposed to do?

--add-cvmode=WIDTH,HEIGHT,FLAGS,BASEWIDTH,BASEDHEIGHT,RE FRESH.
            add a customized mode for component video.

Refresh is the only easy one here. That would have to be 30 or 60 for my old analog NTSC TV, assuming of course that it is in Hz and not microseconds. For 480i what would the rest of this be???? There are two widths and two heights. One of the heights must be 480, but what is the other, and which is which? FLAGS is the biggest joke in all of this, not only do we not know what it means, we don't even know what format it is. Are we to try all possible strings, hex values, and, UTF-8 Swahili for "abandon all hope ye who enter here"?

Comment

• Originally posted by mathog View Post
              Dear ATI developers,

Can we please have an example showing how to enable TV "component-out" mode on the X1250 under linux? Experimentally many of us have found that:
              I wonder if the commands are referring to later cards - like my HD3850 which have a 7 pin s-video like connector. s-video works directly and you get two dongles in the box, one for composite and one for RGB.

Comment

• PowerXpress support for Linux?

Hi,

What is the current support for PowerXpress in Linux?
                AFAICS, PowerXpress allows to switch off the discrete ATI graphics cards and revert back to the integrated card when on battery in laptops.

Nvidia has a similar thing nowadays, at least in the new Sony Vaio Z-series. It works on Windows Vista but not in Linux.

What is the state of this feature in Linux and what is its roadmap?

Comment

• I don't believe PX is supported in fglrx today. The hardware implementation of PX tends to be quite vendor-specific and so far there hasn't been any real interest in Linux support from the hardware vendors.
                  Test signature

Comment

• Hi,bridgman I didn't find any information about support from fglrx drivers for the incoming xorg 1.6 (still not stable, but final release is expected for the end of January) so I guess it doesn't at the moment.
                    Can you give an estimate about which of the next releases will start supporting it?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnet View Post
                      Hi,bridgman I didn't find any information about support from fglrx drivers for the incoming xorg 1.6 (still not stable, but final release is expected for the end of January) so I guess it doesn't at the moment.
                      Can you give an estimate about which of the next releases will start supporting it?
                      for the next ubuntu refresh. take it for granted.

Comment

Working...
                      X