Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did. Wtf 'off topic'?

Comment

• Would it pretty please be possible to get unstable nightly (or even weekly) builds of the fglrx driver? A month is quite a long time. It would also help in testing because more frequent updates means you have less edits between two versions so regression testing is easier. (That is, it'd be possible for the end-user to help even without the sources or special tools)
      I know there's a beta program (that you have to sign an NDA to join) but I suspect the NDA scares people off. I think nightly builds could be automated so the system shouldn't take that much maintenance.

Comment

• th beta program - yeah. How good are the chances to become a tester anyway?

Comment

• Shockwave Flash

File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
          Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12.........

..there is flickering once again.

energyman, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-topic .

Comment

• yeah , and talking about flickering is on topic, right?

Comment

• There is one question for the ATI developers that struggles me: How comes that you break the support for an entire product line, don't notice it during your extensive beta tests, dont't offer a hotfix and don't manage to fix this bug in the next release? Any OSS project would be dead after such a mess.

Don't you know that reliability is one of the most important aspects of a developer-customer-relationship? You disappoint. Again.

Comment

• and what are you talking about?

btw - several OSS projects have been broken in that way - and survived somehow.

I have a real question: when has been the fglrx-sysrq being introduced?

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
                  and what are you talking about?
                  I'm talking about the fact that fglrx doesn't work with R300 hardware, anymore.

Using fglrx-installer 2:8.543-0ubuntu4, r3xx hardware such as Radeon 9500, Mobility Radeon 9700 and similar don't work They are not explicitly listed in the modaliases, so they will not be offered by Jockey. In the past, this hardware did work with the fglrx driver. Now the fglrx driver indicates memory errors when trying to load. Here is a snippet of what the memory error will look like: [ 1024.699204] [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 1169 MBytes. [ 1024.700616]...

Comment

• luckily for you R300 hardware is well supported by the open drivers.

Just ask nvidia geforce fx 5XXX or geforce 4 users about 'no drivers'.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      luckily for you R300 hardware is well supported by the open drivers.
                      3D performance is not that good.

I just wonder how such a bug can pass even the poorest quality assurance. And why they don't fix it ASAP. A comparable bug in the open drivers would be fixed within days, if not hours. I mean, it worked before.
                      Last edited by Stormking; 14 November 2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X