Thread: the Future of Catalyst-> speed up for flash openGL accel+ h264 codex accel in flash

Default the Future of Catalyst-> speed up for flash openGL accel+ h264 codex accel in flash

the Future of Catalyst-> speed up for flash openGL acceleration+ h264 codex acceleration in flash

flash 11 +catalyst 11-6+11-7 will be a performance driver for the openGL acceleration in flash.
    and then the big bang comes flash will support h264 codex acceleration on 11-8 catalyst and previous versions.
    11.6 will also speed up opengl on hd6870 and hd6970 like cards.
    also Llano support
    and a big openCL speed up-

And Xv still isn't fixed, and the GUI has lag with "tear-free" enabled. And especially the latter issue makes all the above improvements you mentioned non-useful, since I can't consider using a driver that makes my desktop behave like the GUI of Doom 3 when VSync is on. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RealNC View Post
    And Xv still isn't fixed, and the GUI has lag with "tear-free" enabled. And especially the latter issue makes all the above improvements you mentioned non-useful, since I can't consider using a driver that makes my desktop behave like the GUI of Doom 3 when VSync is on. :P
    most people are very strong at the bad part so in real phoronix is a good place to be.

i'm sure high skilled people like kano can always find a weak point of a driver.

"And Xv still isn't fixed"

in my tests with the cat11.5 Xv is tear free even if you don't use tear free desktop

means your second point is pointless "nd the GUI has lag with "tear-free" enabled." this dosn't matter because your Xv video is good without that stuff…

in 11-7 catalyst the tearfree desktop feature is the standart setting in the catalyst means amd think they have fix all bugs about that feature in 11-7

Sounds great...but how soon can we realistically expect this to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeuw View Post
    Sounds great...but how soon can we realistically expect this to happen?
    i already wrote the time-frame...

the bigger question is the point about what if they broke some other stuff

the catalyst team is big in not control regression bugs right.

the radeon driver do control regression bugs much better because git-bisect and opensource code...

in other words... the catalyst is broken by design but amd spend money on that because the radeon driver can not compete to nvidia yet.

Sorry...I'm not quite sure what time frame you're referring to - did you mention it in this thread? I guess the version numbers for Catalyst suggest July/August, but Flash is still currently at 10.3...the best I've found so far through searching elsewhere suggests Flash 11 may be coming in Q2 (i.e., now?).

In any case, I'll look forward to seeing this stuff working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    "And Xv still isn't fixed"

in my tests with the cat11.5 Xv is tear free even if you don't use tear free desktop
    I mean the colors. They're still wrong and looking "washed out".

means your second point is pointless "nd the GUI has lag with "tear-free" enabled." this dosn't matter because your Xv video is good without that stuff…

in 11-7 catalyst the tearfree desktop feature is the standart setting in the catalyst means amd think they have fix all bugs about that feature in 11-7
    I'll believe it when I see it.