X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 7.11 Linux Driver

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 7.11 Linux Driver

For the past two months, the AMD release train has been running full speed ahead as they introduced their new driver code-base and last month had dropped in the AIGLX support. However, this month the AMD train has taken an intermediate stop as this closed-source driver embarks on its next journey. As always, we have all of the details for you on this month's ATI Catalyst 7.11 Linux display driver release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aah new drivers finally, odd thing seems to me that release notes dont say anything about x-video problems (on AIGLX) as a known problem or fixed one. Guess i'll need to try those later on after i get some things done.

Comment

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...711_linux.html <-- official relase notes. I read new features\resolved issues and I dont know if I want to laugh or cry. nomore nomore nomore ati cards in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Dottout View Post
        https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...711_linux.html <-- official relase notes. I read new features\resolved issues and I dont know if I want to laugh or cry. nomore nomore nomore ati cards in my life!
        Yeah I don't like the looks of that. That reminds me of that other release earlier in the year that was the most useless release. I hope this one is not the case as well. But it sure looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
          Yeah I don't like the looks of that. That reminds me of that other release earlier in the year that was the most useless release. I hope this one is not the case as well. But it sure looks like it.
          do you have any spare hopes left? I dont, anymore :\

Comment

Resolved Issues
            * An error message no longer appears during installation if dash is used as /bin/sh

Known Issues
            * An error message appears during installation if dash is used as /bin/sh. A topic number is not available for this issue

Wow, that's pretty reassuring.

CP

Comment

And the memleak is still not fixed on my x1900xt...
              700mb in 2min running glxgears...

Comment

doesn't say anything about performance improvements either...

Michael: any chance you can interview the devs again??
                Last edited by hmmm; 21 November 2007, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Ok, I guess we must wait for 2008 to see if something works as it should...

Comment

ebuild for gentoo here http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p...9.html#4529789

Comment

Working...
                    X