X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dottout View Post
    everything like 8.42. this is what I call shit
    Same here (X700 mobility, Gutsy 7.10 /64)

flickering, Xorg is more cpu consuming then 8.42.3, scrolling in firefox is not perfect, no improvement on speed ....

Comment

everything like 8.42. this is what I call shit
      have u tried my link above doing that litte change.
      Author says it does help with scrolling and chooking issues - this is fault in some wrong module insertion.

Nevertheless it seems cpu and flicering problems seems to lay somewhere deep is that NEW CODE shit .

Why they are correcting intaller issues .. soon there will be nobody uger even to touch the installer
      Last edited by macmus; 21 November 2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

The only visable change from 8.42.3 to 8.433/7-11 is that the kernel patch for 2.6.23 is not longer required. And you waited one month for that! Not even the Xserver 1.4.x bug is gone, that you need to start a second 3d app to make the first one go. That's what I call useless release. Btw. for current sid you need a trick to create debs, my script has a workaround included.

Comment

I have an ATI Radeon X1200;
          I don't care much for Compiz, and such, and I have 8.42 working.

Do you think I should upgrade to this driver?

Comment

seems like theyve worked on getting new distro installers up n running, well, thats not what i want !, however, its nice to have it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Extreme Coder View Post
              I have an ATI Radeon X1200;
              I don't care much for Compiz, and such, and I have 8.42 working.

Do you think I should upgrade to this driver?
              no gains, you would only waste time. as ati devs do

Comment

Anyone thought about that AMD may be is preparing new features for 8.44? What do you think they have been working on for the last weeks.

I am sure they could have worked on some new features and 8.43 is a (very small!) bugfix release.

Comment

no gains, you would only waste time. as ati devs do
                  devs ?? i tought there is only one guy out there wating for christmas tree to arrive nice and shiny

Comment

I just installed 7.11 and thank god I have tv-out again on my X1800XL. But I have something to say: ATI Catalyst Control Center is absolutely USELESS. I used it to to change the position and size of the TV-OUT image and it worked like in Windows. But when I restarted X every change was lost. I had to use aticonfig(bliah).

Comment

well i have myself the voice of optimism the past few releases but this time its getting pretty hard .. I mean its not so much about what the drivers can and cannot do, its about how its being made ... I havent tried the latest driver yet but if its true that its slower and as buggier than its predecessor, then someone at AMD is not doing their job right, period ... I think a good question to ask the devs, mr Micheal, is what the hell is going on behind those closed doors ?! ...

I just hope I can get to use my ati card to its full potential before it reaches obsolescence...

anyway, good things have happened in the past couple weeks, not just bad ones, lets not forget that .. and keep our hopes up that the next driver release could be named tagged the Christmas Miracle ... :P (even I though I think most of the rant is coming from our high expectations of just that, a miracle..)
                      Last edited by pedepy; 21 November 2007, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X