No announcement yet.

VMware Merges "vmwgfx_branch" To Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be surprised if any such clauses in an EULA are actually legal in any European country, I think they are just void. With regard to the US, that country has unfortunately been taking over by corporate lawyers, it's almost like fascism.

You are allowed to not agree with this post, You may publish or publicly disseminate your criticism, provided that AnonymousCoward has reviewed and approved your criticism. Please contact AnonymousCoward to request such review.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      A benchmark result is not copyrightable, so that requirement can be safely ignored.
      That's not the point. The point is that they have this policy.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
        I'd be surprised if any such clauses in an EULA are actually legal in any European country, I think they are just void. With regard to the US, that country has unfortunately been taking over by corporate lawyers, it's almost like fascism.

You are allowed to not agree with this post, You may publish or publicly disseminate your criticism, provided that AnonymousCoward has reviewed and approved your criticism. Please contact AnonymousCoward to request such review.
        This is just a bit extreme in regards to kernel module. Linus would never knowingly except fascism. Likely, this possibility has already discussed and analyzed in the kernel team to the maximum extent.

Politics in the US, fluctuates with every generation. Think of it like the Linux kernel, with an unstable ABI. If there really was some kind of corporate take-over, this whole Occupy movement wouldn't even exist.

Comment

Working...
        X