Phasing Out SysVInit In openSUSE Raises Concerns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teho View Post
    Yeah only that these things just don't work like that. SuSE is owned by Attachmate Corporation and their goal is to make as much profit to their owners as possible not to please some other corporation. Do you honstly believe that if Microsoft was somehow sabotaging Novell that none of the thousands of developers would have spoken up?
    After running Novell ZENworks for a fair few years here, Novell certainly haven't needed MS/Attachmate to do any sabotaging for them....

Comment

Originally posted by runrun View Post
      Novell certainly haven't needed MS/Attachmate to do any sabotaging for them....
      That's kinda my point. There are real reasons for bad products and failures like incompetence and bad working culture. There shouldn't be need to bring up some near impossible conspiracy theory to explain that. I often get the feeling that these comments are more about anti-corporatism than free and open source software; it's exactly the same with environmental protection groups. It's no longer about facts or original agenda but rather just propaganda and hate. Now I don't know much about Novell and can't really speak for it.

Comment

Ever since that bat shit crazy Jeff Merkey guy started suing everyone that ever looked at him the wrong way, it kind of made me wonder how many such clowns Novell had or have had on their staff at some point.

The fact that he wrote a lot of Netware probably explains why it sucked so bad.

Comment

On Fedora and Arch

Not sure about the openSUSE emplimentation, but systemd has worked pretty much flawlessly for me on Fedora, and hasn't given me much to complain about on Arch. The only issues I've run into are systemctl reboot seems a little wonky in Arch, and I've been having trouble getting filesystem mounts to work correctly on one system. However, on that system, I'm trying to mount two LUNs from a Drobo, and then combine them with AuFS, so it's not exactly a standard setup.

=-Jameson

Comment

Originally posted by ImNtReal View Post
            Not sure about the openSUSE emplimentation, but systemd has worked pretty much flawlessly for me on Fedora, and hasn't given me much to complain about on Arch. The only issues I've run into are systemctl reboot seems a little wonky in Arch, and I've been having trouble getting filesystem mounts to work correctly on one system. However, on that system, I'm trying to mount two LUNs from a Drobo, and then combine them with AuFS, so it's not exactly a standard setup.

=-Jameson
            I think pretty much all the problems OpenSuse has with systemd are caused by either not knowing what they are doing with it, or because they want to make Red Hat look bad on behalf of SUSE, which is a Microsoft Gold Partner.

Comment

Working...
            X