Humble Bundle WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Bundle WTF?

I use Arch Linux, which there always tends to be someone who creates a PKGBUILD for AUR (Arch User Repositories) so that it makes installing games from the Humble Bundles easy.

So here I am, happily installing some games (I have bought all the Humble Bundles so far, namely to support developers who create games for Linux, haven't even remotely played all the games). Then I start to actually look at some of the games.

So far I've only looked at the home pages of a few (namely Super Meat Boy and Chocolate Castle and Zen Puzzle Garden.) Not a single one of those have a link to buy the Linux version on their home pages!

I don't know about anyone else, but that kind of pisses me off. Linux needs to be out there and people need to be able to buy them straight from the creators. Some of them just point to their Steam page.

I think maybe Desura needs to hop on this, or someone does. I was actually rather shocked at first.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I'm rather angry there aren't Desura keys.

Comment

Yeah, though I think that is only the latest one without desura keys. From what I've seen, even going back a few, they aren't selling the Linux version off their home page. Isn't that kind of part of the whole point of this? To sell these multi-platform games?

Comment

Working...
      X