Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qt is evil

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    It seems you're anti Qt troll. Qt is working on Wayland if you're not aware. Gtk is pure crap compared to Qt.
    GTK is free of charge AND free for contributors in terms of license symmetry. You dont get that with Qt where you HAVE to assign your work(money, sweat and love for free software) to a comercial entity like Nokia. And Nokia equals Microsoft strategic partner and patent warmongering.

Well excuse me for being for free software and against foul play for evil vendors. bad-mouthing Microsoft, unfairness and patents is by no means trolling. It is simply the way it is around here.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
      Well excuse me for being for free software and against foul play for evil vendors. bad-mouthing Microsoft, unfairness and patents is by no means trolling.
      Your belief of somehow supporting free and open source software by spreading FUD is not only stupid but also harmful to the "open source spirit".

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        For someone who uses another person for being a troll, you seemed to have descended below civil discourse as well and IMO in a worse way. GTK is a Free and open source software toolkit, developed together by several vendors and volunteers, requires no copyright assignment to a single vendor and is the foundation for several different desktop environments and applications. Even if you value Qt a whole lot more, competition and diversity of approaches is valuable. Let's not engage in trash talking.
        Say the same the one who attacked Qt. Qt is also Free and open source software toolkit. Btw. You're biased.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
          GTK is free of charge AND free for contributors in terms of license symmetry. You dont get that with Qt where you HAVE to assign your work(money, sweat and love for free software) to a comercial entity like Nokia. And Nokia equals Microsoft strategic partner and patent warmongering.
          Maybe this will surprise you, but I'd like to see them both dead. We don't have to worry about Qt much, because it will always stay Free and it can be always forked.

Well excuse me for being for free software and against foul play for evil vendors. bad-mouthing Microsoft, unfairness and patents is by no means trolling. It is simply the way it is around here.
          You're not for free software by attacking Qt. Thanks to Qt and KDE, Free Desktop environments are usable. There's also XFCE, but it doesn't have support it deserves. If you want to attack MS then support Qt, because it's something that stops pro MS mono.

Comment

KDE is unusable for me, it is "pretty and candy" but its unusable on debian based stuff. GTK is not crap, you are crap if you say so about free software, that you use everyday, and didnt even know you do.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
              Say the same the one who attacked Qt. Qt is also Free and open source software toolkit. Btw. You're biased.
              Of course it is. That is my point. They are both free and open source software. You shouldn't trash talk either.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
                KDE is unusable for me, it is "pretty and candy" but its unusable on debian based stuff. GTK is not crap, you are crap if you say so about free software, that you use everyday, and didnt even know you do.
                Gnome is unusable for me. Yeah, I didn't know I'm using gtk everyday, except Firefox sometimes. You're a crap if you say so about free software like Qt.
                Last edited by kraftman; 18 December 2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

maximum trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
                    maximum trolling?
                    Not yet! We need a couple more zealots and/or trolls from each side of GTK/Qt, and then we need to somehow work in ReiserFS. Oh, and how could I forget Linux vs. GNU/Linux?

Comment

i like QT, but i just dont like KDE, gnome is more usable for me, thats all, for troll is enough.

michael plz blow this troll away

Comment

Working...
                      X