No announcement yet.

XBMC Project Implements AMD XvBA Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote my own script to compile that branch directly with github sources, i do not need packageing (only the dev package).

It did not crash more often than the mainline version but with the defaults enabled i often got only garbage or jumping videos.
    Last edited by Kano; 30 December 2011, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      I wrote my own script to compile that branch directly with github sources, i do not need packageing (only the dev package).
      http://kanotix.com/files/fix/xbmc-latest-xvba-local.txt
      @Kano: Will this run on Ubuntu 10.04.3 or do I need to upgrade a test installation to Oneiric?

Comment

The purpose of the script is to create a dist folder in your home and compile it there. As it requires the xvba headers to be installed and of course the other depends which it installs when it is called as root. I will add a deb download for the headers when it is available as all package from there:

You can use the arch specific package as well, it just should not depend on the arch. Install it manually, then run the script as root. As soon as you run it as user it will dl the code and compile xbmc. I create a desktop icon for KDE 4.4/Gnome 2 but that does not seem to be the position for newer destkop environments - if somebody knows the correct location and how to test for a specific DE running feel free to tell me. I usually only test U once to update my fglrx script (which i did yesterday to support precise) after that i wipe it out. You can create your icon manually as well or copy it at the new position, as user in a new bash shell it can be executed normally by xbmc - path was added to .bashrc. Basically you can compile it on any distro that way, just you have to install the build-depends first, also when you use another default shell feel free to adjust the local path in the correct config file.

Comment

I did not have any problems with shared surfaces. Also, Compiz and KWin desktop effects were completely fine, aswell. Although I use the "Daniel Van Vugt" Compiz PPA with lots of tearing & performance fixes since Ubuntu 11.10.

Comment

It did not crash more often than the mainline version but with the defaults enabled i often got only garbage or jumping videos.
            You probably compile with vaapi support(if you have libva etc installed it will be automatically enabled). Since Vaapi is used before Xvba it would explain your screen garble. Vaapi currently does not really work at all on AMD. Please disable it.

btw, libxvba-dev is now available as arch independent pkg.

Comment

You probably compile with vaapi support(if you have libva etc installed it will be automatically enabled). Since Vaapi is used before Xvba it would explain your screen garble. Vaapi currently does not really work at all on AMD. Please disable it.

btw, libxvba-dev is now available as arch independent pkg.

Comment

Install for debian?

Hi. How can I install this library for debian testing or sid? Do I have to use XBMC if I want to use their new implementation or can I use another player? Anything that runs gstreamer backend? VLC?

Thanks.

P.S. I am happy to compile and install from source and 'apt-get build-dep' things to acquire the dependencies, but I prefer not to use scripts if possible.

Comment

Debian packages: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=166
                  Arch packages: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=169
                  please note, that those are not made by us.

if you prefer to compile from source, you can just download the ubuntu libxvba-dev pkg from my ppa as it really is only a headerfile. It has to go into /usr/include/amd

Comment

@wsnipex

I got a mail response about the package and changed the script to fetch the dev package when not already installed in root mode as soon as it was available. You can be sure i know how to press "o" to check which codec is used, vaapi was not used in my tests. I noticed that the code was updated as the weather plugin bug disappeared but did not retest this with fglrx. I only swap in that card from time to time when i want/need to test something with ati. i mainly use nv, one backupsystem with intel snb (or any other card i want to test).

Any idea where to put the icon for newer systems as ~/Desktop is not shown by default anymore?

Comment

you could put a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications
                      that way it should show up in the menu(at least on ubuntu)

Comment

Working...
                      X