No announcement yet.

Humble Bundle #4 Rakes In $1M USD In One Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has Super Meat Boy... 'nuff said. If a future bundle includes Minecraft it will probably reach 1 million in 1 hour.

Comment

I did it all for the bins

Super meat boy and jamestown! I really wanted a linux jamestown - Steam/Wine were not doing it for me. I paid 15 dollars cause i thought i was just rebuying games for the bins but the rest of the games look sick, much better bundle then recent ones imho.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
        It has Super Meat Boy... 'nuff said. If a future bundle includes Minecraft it will probably reach 1 million in 1 hour.
        Humble Indie Bundle #3 did include a limited Minecraft trial, not the same thing I know, but...

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        Well, it was a joke referring to his rider and his views on internet and browsers. There he utters the classic words "I don't use browsers. I use SSH". But on another note to that, they used to release many games from the first two HiBs as free software after the bundle was over.
        I believe Stallman did mention to someone in an email correspondence that he was fine with games having proprietary game data, as long as the engine and game code are free. That said, he is not much of a gamer, and would never buy anything without a guarantee it would be free software, so I doubt he would ever be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          i buy the bundle and my favor game is: Gratuitous Space Battles

man this game is awesome.
          Yea, they're all awesome games.. I just wish I could get more of them to run on my 6 year old laptop.. lol.. oh well.

BTW, anybody notice that one of the game companies has ties to Electronic Arts? How much you want to bet that they made Humble Bundle drop EFF in favor of Red Cross? Electronic Arts hates the EFF with a passion.
          Last edited by Sidicas; 19 December 2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Does this bundle require steam? I really don't want a steam account and will not buy anything that requires it.

PS. Slightly off topic but kinda relevant I guess. What's the deal with physical media purchased from a physical shop STILL requiring steam and an Internet connection these days, even single player games? If I buy something through steam, fine, but I have a disc... with data on it... but no. It installs steam and then proceeds to download the game... of which I have a disc... with data on it.

Well not really. I've never bought anything that requires steam. However browsing titles today, five of the six titles I was interested in had steam as a requirement.

Comment

"Does this bundle require steam?"

Of course not!!! They provide direct downlod links.. They provide BitTorrent download links.. And they provide Steam download links..

Currently no download links for Desura though, and someone said that Team Meat told them that they don't plan on download links for their game up on Desura.. which is a bummer, but anybody can just download it and burn a CD, the old fashion way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
                Currently no download links for Desura though, and someone said that Team Meat told them that they don't plan on download links for their game up on Desura.. which is a bummer, but anybody can just download it and burn a CD, the old fashion way.
                Why would you even need to burn it to a CD?

I am not particularly fond of the Team Meat people though, given some of their comments about Linux in the past and this. I have nothing against Edmund McMillen himself of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Well, it was a joke referring to his rider and his views on internet and browsers. There he utters the classic words "I don't use browsers. I use SSH".
                  He sends an email to a wget daemon which downloads the page and emails it to him<1><2>. He only needs SSH if you want him to chill in your house, just don't buy him a parrot<3>.

<1> http://old.nabble.com/Real-men-don't...56924i660.html
                  <2> http://lwn.net/Articles/262570/
                  <3> https://secure.mysociety.org/admin/l...r/007647.html#

Comment

First come, first serve: here's a Steam key for Humble Pack #3 (the last one) I don't need because I already had it: 9IVN6-40X87-L9CG7

Comment

If you didn't need it then you shouldn't have redeemed it! That's why you have to press a button to get the steam key. It says clearly "All keys are for your personal use only." What you're doing is piracy!

Comment

Working...
                      X