Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma Active Two Brings Many Improvements

Phoronix: Plasma Active Two Brings Many Improvements

The KDE camp is announcing today the release of Plasma Active Two...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's definitely nice. Finally an easier way to turn the tablet off!
    I hope they update the openSUSE repository soon. I wouldn't want to switch to the Balsam repository, since it's not specifically targeted at openSUSE, even though it's pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Very nice

But who needs it. The Vacation Activity shown seems to contrived

Comment

I wish they would spend more time fixing the bugs in the normal KDE Desktop instead of developing a mobile version.

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
          I wish they would spend more time fixing the bugs in the normal KDE Desktop instead of developing a mobile version.
          The code is shared for the most part so improvement in Plasma Active can well fix bugs in Plasma Desktop. The future of Plasma is quite interesting with QML based Plasma2 and the fact that it will be used "everywhere" from smartphones to media centers and login managers. Plasma is defintly coming to age with over four years of developement.

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
            You might be lucky that while they work on it they uncover bugs that will fix stuff in KDE Desktop also.

Comment

Working...
            X