Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 2011 GNOME User Survey Results

Default Gnome 2 vs. Gnome 3 users

I would really like to see the different results grouped by Gnome 2 vs. Gnome 3 users. Are all the happy campers Gnome 2 users? Are all the unsatisfied Gnome 3 users?

Quote Originally Posted by PreferLinux View Post
    I agree. I didn't do the survey because I use KDE, and from the title it was for GNOME users. I suspect that a lot more may have done the same.
    As a KDE user I filled in the forum as a potential Gnome user - I'm guessing they're interested in why I'm a KDE user rather than a GNOME user - part of that is I started with KDE at university and the few times I have used Gnome I've found it too restrictive

Quote Originally Posted by dotancohen View Post
    I would really like to see the different results grouped by Gnome 2 vs. Gnome 3 users. Are all the happy campers Gnome 2 users? Are all the unsatisfied Gnome 3 users?
    This. Questions like "Overall, how satisfied are you with GNOME", "Does GNOME do what you want", etc. doesn't give a correct image when there are major differences between GNOME 2 and GNOME 3. Personally my satisfaction is based one GNOME 2, but can be spun to look like I think GNOME 3 does what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Huh, what's the point of some of those questions, like if you know what GNOME is and if you use GNOME, if the survey is called the "GNOME User Survey"?.. That also explains why few of them describe their desktop as KDE - if you're a GNOME user, then why would you say that your desktop is KDE?
    Clearly it was so someone could later write in a paper that the vast majority of people use Gnome not KDE with a little reference back to this survey that very few people will bother to follow.