Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu TB Decides On Future Of Non-PAE Kernel

Phoronix: Ubuntu TB Decides On Future Of Non-PAE Kernel

The Ubuntu Technical Board met yesterday and they decided on the future of non-PAE Linux kernels within Ubuntu, a decision that affects 32-bit users on older hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the non-pae is probably better for xubuntu and lubuntu

Comment

My IBM T42, that sees extreme daily use, has a 2.1Ghz Pentium-M with 2GB of ram. It runs a non-PAE kernel. I think i've booted a PAE kernel, and didn't notice anything bad happening, so this may be moot to a certain point?

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
        My IBM T42, that sees extreme daily use, has a 2.1Ghz Pentium-M with 2GB of ram. It runs a non-PAE kernel. I think i've booted a PAE kernel, and didn't notice anything bad happening, so this may be moot to a certain point?
        Exactly, I've booted a PAE kernel for ages on my old Dell Inspiron 6000 with a Celeron M, although I think I recall the entire last Pentium/Celeron M lineup supporting PAE...

Anyway, I thought PAE failed gracefully.

Comment

Working...
        X