Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Radeon AtomBIOS Adventures

Phoronix: More Radeon AtomBIOS Adventures

Since the AtomBIOS branch appeared for the xf86-video-ati driver and the R500 support for DRM (the announcement), we've been trying out this open-source software on a variety of different ATI Radeon graphics cards. As we reported a few hours ago, the xf86-video-ati driver is working with the high-end HD 2900XT 512MB graphics card.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

it really works with r5xx now? wow, i'll have to try this out. does this mean that there is some 2d acceleration already available?

Comment

Yes, both XAA and EXA works with r500.

Comment

let's just get xv working and i'll be happy :]

Comment

does anyone know if atombios works also with older cards as r300 or r400 ones?

Comment

We started replacing the older BIOS implementation with AtomBIOS in the later R4xx parts (X700 etc..). I'm told that the exposed API was still changing a bit in the 4xx timeframe so we're mostly promoting it for 5xx/6xx, but it should work for the later 4xx parts with some driver tweaking.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X