Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have successful resume running compiz on a desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have successful resume running compiz on a desktop?

I have an 8800 gts and an 7800gs both evga, both run gentoo. Seems like if I let the monitor power down and standby, I get a blank screen when I return, anybody have it working correctly?

Do you have the problem of blank screen when change between the frame buffer and X window also. I think they might be the same problem.

That's a known bug for nvidia driver. I heard that it can be fixed by using the 169.04 driver.

I've tried the 169.04 for my 7600GT and it does work. Hopefully that should fix your problem.

Comment

BTW, I'm also using gentoo. It's easy to install 169.04. You can just copy the ebuild file of 100.14.23 to the new name nvidia-drivers-169.04.ebuild and install with this new ebuild ( you need to download the driver first and use a ebuild digest command)

Comment

The renamed ebuild doesnt completely work, check the gentoo bugzilla for nvidia-drivers and you will find the 169 proper ebuild from an overlay.
        I had some problems with the 169 driver and have returned to the 100.14.23

Comment

Working...
        X