3D work started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D work started?

airlied added a branch named r500-support to the DRM and xf86-video-ati (not much there yet). I don't know if that means that he has cleared his NDA with ATI/AMD but it's a good sign.

airlied added a branch named r500-support to the DRM and xf86-video-ati (not much there yet). I don't know if that means that he has cleared his NDA with ATI/AMD but it's a good sign. Source

It seems to be getting better every day:
    http://airlied.livejournal.com/53129.html

Looks like AMD/ATI is now really into the Linux business, thanks for lifting that NDA from Dave Airlied.

This explaining post is really promising since there is now a different way to use the r500 cards with an open driver. And I do assume that this one is already rather usable thinking of the good work by Dave before.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanovic View Post
      It seems to be getting better every day:
      So some people have noticed I dropped two branches yesterday. One in the ATI driver entitled atombios-support and one in the DRM called r500-support. These are just some recent developments from myself and Alex Deucher to use the atombios in the standard radeon driver, to drive r400, r500 and r600…

Looks like AMD/ATI is now really into the Linux business, thanks for lifting that NDA from Dave Airlied.

This explaining post is really promising since there is now a different way to use the r500 cards with an open driver. And I do assume that this one is already rather usable thinking of the good work by Dave before.
      I am in the middle of testing the Radeon driver on R500/600 GPUs. What a glorious day!!!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I am in the middle of testing the Radeon driver on R500/600 GPUs. What a glorious day!!!
        Did I just see Lucifer skating to work this morning??

Heh... There might just be hope for them in the short term instead of having to wait for the long term to straighten out the situation.

Comment

Working...
        X