Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Introversion Bundle Pulls In $778k USD

Phoronix: Humble Introversion Bundle Pulls In $778k USD

The Humble Introversion Bundle sale ended this afternoon as the two-week period of paying what you want for a collection of cross-platform, DRM-free games. This latest bundle fell just short of 200k sales and generating $800k USD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think the selection of the games had everything to do with it..
    Several of the games I already had, and the others didn't interest me at all... A couple of them were basically the same game, just a single player / multiplayer version...

So really, there wasn't anything in this bundle for me, so I skipped it..

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
      I think the selection of the games had everything to do with it..
      Several of the games I already had, and the others didn't interest me at all... A couple of them were basically the same game, just a single player / multiplayer version...

So really, there wasn't anything in this bundle for me, so I skipped it..
      This, but at least this time it was an actual bundle. The HIB needs to up it's game.

Comment

I didn't have any of them but I gave less because money is tight as I'm sure it is for many at the moment. It's not a lot but you feel bad spending money on games when there are more important things to deal with. I did give 1? more than the Linux average though. I didn't want to bring it down.

Comment

I would love to see a proper analysis of this whole bundle phenomena. Clearly what is not a problem is getting the humble bundle known. I have loved how they have experimented with the humble bundle formula. The last two with their vastly different contrast of an unfinished cutting edge game against that of old games, and both different from what went before the "champions of indie games" bundles. I think saying these latest bundles earn less because we are getting too many games[sic] rather than the bundles simply being less value. Its not true of Linux...or even OSX, and lets be honest for Windows users get competing indie bundles and heavily discounts download games...and shop bought ones. The only interesting thing to say about these latest bundles is the bonus "The Binding of Isaac" and "Dungeons of Dredmor" were understated, both games better than the other games in the bundle...and available cheaply elsewhere. That said "Steel Storm" is a great game...I will be buying "Steel Storm 2", thinks he should have got a bigger piece of the pie...I think that is a difficult claim to make against when compared to VVVVV, Atom zombie Smasher, Braid etc etc. What I think is bizarre is that most of these companies including Introversion are using this to promote their next game or their own bundle or their ipad/android port. You would think Steel Storm would fall under that category.

The next bundle cannot come quickly enough.

Comment

Introversion really did grade-A work on their linux ports. Anytime that I see 64-bit compatibility, I'm sold.

Comment

I think the problem is that they are simply doing too many too fast, leaving people less time to get the money to be generous and maybe even killing interest. I am sure I am not the only one with a backlog of Humble Bundle titles I have yet had the time to play. When gaming feels like you are falling behind schedule I do not think that is a good thing.

That said, I got this Bundle because it was gifted to me, so I really can not complain. I played a little of Darwinia last night and once I got the control scheme it was fun, though the game I was most interested in was not any of the Introversion titles but Dungeons of Dredmor, as I was one of the first to announce it was coming to Linux in the first place.

Moving forward though, I would produce only one bundle every three-six months, and make sure they all have Desura keys. This Bundle only is getting them now, and so far only for the Introversion titles, when both DoD, Crayon Physics (which I already have from a previous Bundle, but anyway), and Aquaria are all offered on Desura. I think it is not that unreasonable to ask for them, especially with more spaced out bundles where there is more space available for preparation.

Comment

Working...
              X