Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Introversion Bundle On Mesa/Gallium3D

Phoronix: Humble Introversion Bundle On Mesa/Gallium3D

For anyone wondering whether the Mesa/Gallium3D drivers will work with the Humble Introversion Bundle titles (or are thinking about buying the collection at the last minute), here are the results from some quick tests using different hardware and drivers.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Please add that a huge amount of work has been done on Aquaria since it was open sourced, particularly by Andrew Church, who made many improvements while porting it to iOS. It should now work fine. You can grab the sources from icculus.org. I've been meaning to update the Gentoo package but there have been no formal releases and development has yet to settle down since the code was released all that time ago!

Comment

Is there any ebuilds floating around for the new open source versions of Darwinia and Multiwinia?

Also is the a live ebuild for Aquaria seeing as it's such a moving target?

I love that Gentoo makes it so easy to install games and their updates

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        Is there any ebuilds floating around for the new open source versions of Darwinia and Multiwinia?

Also is the a live ebuild for Aquaria seeing as it's such a moving target?

I love that Gentoo makes it so easy to install games and their updates
        I made a live ebuild for Aquaria back when the code was released. I haven't tried it in quite a while so it might not work now. If that is the case, let me know in the bug report. I did intend to make ebuilds for at least all the open sourced Humble games but unfortunately I just haven't had the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          I made a live ebuild for Aquaria back when the code was released. I haven't tried it in quite a while so it might not work now. If that is the case, let me know in the bug report. I did intend to make ebuilds for at least all the open sourced Humble games but unfortunately I just haven't had the time.
          Is there a donations page / Amazon Wishlist / Flattr or something similar we could use to encourage you?

Also is there a guide or mentoring service available for ebuilds? I've cobbled together the 32bit ebuilds for Mesa but they're a mess and would love to make a proper solution similar to the glibc multilib flag - I've tried doing it before but I got lost in the eclasses

Comment

Shouldn't this article be called "Bugs in lastest Mesa git"? Darwinia and Uplink ran fine with Mesa on a r200 years ago when they came out. And from short testing, they still run fine with the stable Mesa 7.11.1.

Comment

A lot of binary games ship with old versions of the c/c++ libs that aren't compatible with all distros. In many cases simply removing them and allowing the apps to use the system versions will fix the problem.

Comment

Well, the bundle versions are all recently updated, and with new 64 bit builds. So no problems there.

Comment

Uplink "run" fine on my systeme (R770/MESA 7.12-dev).

The only issue is when I quit the game, having a dual screen setup, I have to use xrandr to reset the display config and if I want to launch a big game like EVE-Online, I have to reset xorg else I have a crash.

Comment

Uplink and Darwinia both segfault on a Radeon XPress 200M running r300g on Xubuntu 11.10. Darwinia works fine on another laptop with an X1400 also using r300g - haven't tested Uplink on that one yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X