Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: "safe nuclear power does not exist" Greenpeace exposes nuclear group

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default "safe nuclear power does not exist" Greenpeace exposes nuclear group

    http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15579177,00.html

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...f795fd94aa.341


    "Nine activists succeeded in the early morning to sneak into the nuclear plant at Nogent-sur-Seine. On the roof of the reactor block, they unfurled a banner with the inscription "safe nuclear power does not exist""

    "we could overcome within 15 minutes all safety equipment."

    "Greenpeace accuses the government that after the earthquake disaster in Fukushima ordered investigations of the plants too much focus on their resistance to environmental disasters such as earthquakes or floods. In an interview with the AP said Majnoni d'Intignano: "In a few months the government will come to the conclusion that our nuclear power plants are very, very safe, because they can withstand an earthquake or a flood." The real risk for the nuclear industry, however, are "external, non-elemental attacks such as the risk of a terrorist attack," the spokeswoman said. the government of Fukushima, the signals did not understand."

    If terrorists attack the nuclear power plant with a bomb this Beyond design basis event will become a Worst Case nuclear disaster.

    Nuclear power = Worst Case deliberate error construction

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Of course if the French had shot them on sight, they'd be complaining that they shouldn't have been shot just because someone thought they were a bunch of terrorists.

    I've read claims that they actually called the plant to say they were breaking in and please don't shoot them. Is that true?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by movieman View Post
    Of course if the French had shot them on sight, they'd be complaining that they shouldn't have been shot just because someone thought they were a bunch of terrorists.

    I've read claims that they actually called the plant to say they were breaking in and please don't shoot them. Is that true?
    LOL what a bullshit.
    If you are a terrorist the awake staff do not have a chance to shot because the Terrorist shot first and the awake staff just die.
    A death police officer can not shot back.

    A nuclear power plant is the preferred target for any terrorist and the security against terrorists are a joke!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    If you are a terrorist the awake staff do not have a chance to shot because the Terrorist shot first and the awake staff just die.
    So you're saying that all the security staff at the plant are asleep? I guess it is France.

    A nuclear power plant is the preferred target for any terrorist and the security against terrorists are a joke!
    Yet we've never had a single successful terrorist attack on a nuclear plant (in fact, I can't think of any at all, successful or otherwise). Probably because:

    a) the kind of bombs a terrorist can carry into a nuclear plant couldn't cause significant damage.
    b) unlike Greenpeace, they would get shot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by movieman View Post
    So you're saying that all the security staff at the plant are asleep? I guess it is France.
    I saying you can easily kill the hole security staff with an Ricin aerosol gas.

    after that there is no one to stop you.

    Quote Originally Posted by movieman View Post
    Yet we've never had a single successful terrorist attack on a nuclear plant (in fact, I can't think of any at all, successful or otherwise). Probably because:
    a) the kind of bombs a terrorist can carry into a nuclear plant couldn't cause significant damage.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

    "Oklahoma City bombing" shows you are wrong.

    this truck bomb just beat a nuclear power plant!

    Quote Originally Posted by movieman View Post
    b) unlike Greenpeace, they would get shot.
    you are just naive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •